TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
BH9244

Premier & Elite Units Losing Cable Signal

I have two Tivo units in service an elite 2TB and a Premier Standard which was upgraded to a 1 TB drive. On a reoccurring but infrequent basis (perhaps once a month roughly ) one or the other will seemingly stop receiving its cable feed, no error msg occurs but when you attempt to watch live TV on any channel the guide info is displayed but no audio or video signal, as a result scheduled recordings do not take place. A simple reboot of the tivo returns everything to normal. My suspicion is that this is a Cable Card Issue, wondering if others have experience this problem and if there is a fix for it..

My Cable Provider is TimeWarner..
Thanks
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
scole250

Do they ever fail to tune when using the remote or is it only a blank screen when you go to live TV? With SDV cable, which Time Warner uses, I wonder what happens when your Tivo is tuned into a SDV channel, then TWC decides to move it to another frequency. Does the cable card and tuning adapter automatically sense that and re-tune? Other thought, tuning adapters run hot and problems have been reported due to that. I have mine set so they are not directly sitting on the Tivo. Instead they are either standing on side of TA with an inch of space on either side for air flow or have it sitting on a cool pad.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
MeInDallas

Read these threads:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=476691

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=497690
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
waydennis2

My wife called me and our 2 Premier have been doing the same thing. Yanking the cable card fixed the channels, but it happened again. Just restarted one to see if that has any effect on the issue. Seems to have started after the last update.
waydennis2 is offline   Reply With Quote