TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
gturpin

In need of an image for a premier Model TCD746320

I am in need of an image for a tivo Premier Model TCD746320.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gturpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Unfortunately, the Premiere software is unable to be extracted and saved as a file at this time.

The only way to get an image is from another working Premiere hard drive.

You can buy hard drives already loaded with the softtware from weaknees,
or you can buy a used Premiere on the cheap and use that hard drive as a copy source.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Yup, I picked up a new Premiere on eBay for cheap just to use for spare parts (mostly the drive and power supply).
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Just to add...

If you get a used Premiere for spare parts you don't have to copy the hard drive unless you are upgrading it.
You just swap the hard drives and do a clear & delete everything once it boots up.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
JulienPDX

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I know a month after I bought my Premiere, I used some software program to clone the drive to a bigger one (1 TB) and then did some functionality that allowed me to defrag/make it see the rest of the drive.

I want to say I found the guide here but I dont find it anymore.
JulienPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulienPDX View Post
This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I know a month after I bought my Premiere, I used some software program to clone the drive to a bigger one (1 TB) and then did some functionality that allowed me to defrag/make it see the rest of the drive.

I want to say I found the guide here but I dont find it anymore.
This one?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=455968

Yes. It is possible to copy the software from hard drive to hard drive.

What is not possible is copying the software and saving it as a file on your computer. I don't think TiVo liked the fact that people were sharing the earlier models software so freely, so they put a stop to it with the Premiere.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
This one?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=455968

Yes. It is possible to copy the software from hard drive to hard drive.

What is not possible is copying the software and saving it as a file on your computer. I don't think TiVo liked the fact that people were sharing the earlier models software so freely, so they put a stop to it with the Premiere.
I don't think TiVo cared. Everyone who did that was keeping a TiVo running, often one for which TiVo received a subscription fee each month.

But they changed something about the file system in the Series 4s, presumably for reasons other than to frustrate us, and those changes mean that the software previously used, MFS Live and WinMFS, couldn't work on S4s.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote