TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #31
sieglinde

Was Touch worth watching? I think I watched one episode, my Tivo was filling up and I deleted what I had.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #32
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertman View Post

CBS also canceled "A Gifted Man" for real yesterday.
Obviously they should have had appearances by the rest of the Justice Society.
Or at least Power Girl.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #33
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Where did you find info about The Cleveland Show? According to this it hasn't been renewed yet.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...how-42388.html
You're right. According to this, while it's in its third season, a fourth is almost completed, but a decision on whether to renew or begin production on a fifth hasn't been made yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
We should just cut to the chase on these cancellations and call Fox the American Idol Channel, CBS the Survivor/Amazing Race Channel, ABC the Dancing with the Stars Channel, and NBC the "Hey, Howard Stern is on America's Got Talent" Channel.
I can see the name for FOX, as that's by far its biggest show and everything else on the network pales in comparison. But for the other three, those shows really don't define the network. CBS has much higher rated shows than TAR or Survivor. DWTS ratings have dropped dramatically and ABC has several other successful shows. America's Got Talent isn't even a show that NBC airs during the regular TV season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Where did you find info about The Cleveland Show? According to this it hasn't been renewed yet.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...how-42388.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
You're right. According to this, while it's in its third season, a fourth is almost completed, but a decision on whether to renew or begin production on a fifth hasn't been made yet.
The lead time required to make the FOX animated shows is so long that the renewal announcements and the actual seasons often get jumbled and confused. For example, American Dad hasn't technically been renewed for next season, but there are at least 6-7 episodes from a previous order that will be available for next season. So whether it's been renewed or not, it likely will air episodes next year.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #35
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
I agree with you here and I think a show like The Mentalists suffers from this too. Do you think Red John will ever be captured or will they just continue to draw it out season after season after season. I stopped watching when I realized that he was smarter than Simon.
Spoiler about last night's Mentalist:
Spoiler:

In last night's episode, Patrick Jane finally realized that Red John IS smarter than him, and it took him (Jane) to a dark place. He now realizes he has no hope of ever finding RJ, and as a result, Jane became a cruel, vindictive person, using his people-reading skills to tear people apart and viciously embarrass them, rather than politely manipulating them. Not a pretty sight. It seems that his hunt for RJ is what was keeping him civil.

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #36
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
Was Touch worth watching? I think I watched one episode, my Tivo was filling up and I deleted what I had.
Nope.
TiVoXL4 - 2TB (1TB external)
Cablevision Raritan Valley, NJ
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #37
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Spoiler about last night's Mentalist:
Spoiler:

In last night's episode, Patrick Jane finally realized that Red John IS smarter than him, and it took him (Jane) to a dark place. He now realizes he has no hope of ever finding RJ, and as a result, Jane became a cruel, vindictive person, using his people-reading skills to tear people apart and viciously embarrass them, rather than politely manipulating them. Not a pretty sight. It seems that his hunt for RJ is what was keeping him civil.
Wow, I stopped watching so long ago, thanks for the update.
Well, somebody out there likes this show its been on for a while.
TiVoXL4 - 2TB (1TB external)
Cablevision Raritan Valley, NJ
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #38
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I'm kinda glad Alcatraz was cancelled. Now I won't feel bad about deleting the entire season unwatched.

Ahhh, TiVo decluttering.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #39
GoHalos

We liked Alcatraz. It wasn't the best show ever, but I would have liked it to keep going. We didn't watch The Finder.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #40
whitson77
Director Level

I think Hurley was miscast for this show and it was one of the reasons it failed. I think a love interest sidekick would have worked here.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #41
Amnesia
The Question

Sarah Jones has joined the cast of Vegas, a new fall show for CBS.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote