TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
leiff

Comcast forgot to turn me off?

I turned off my my Comcast services at the end of august before leaving for Canada for a little over a month. Comcast rep told me I could hold onto my cable card for a couple of months before incurring charges incase I want to rejoin when I get back so I wouldn't have To go through the hassle of returning and reordering a new card. Well, I get back and all my hd channels are still working with cable card with the exception of xfinity on-demand which was working when I was paying for service. I'm not now. (I'm in sf bay area btw). Anyone know how long I'll continue to get free service or when or what comcast will charge me for not returning cable card?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
WVZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
I turned off my my Comcast services at the end of august before leaving for Canada for a little over a month. Comcast rep told me I could hold onto my cable card for a couple of months before incurring charges incase I want to rejoin when I get back so I wouldn't have To go through the hassle of returning and reordering a new card. Well, I get back and all my hd channels are still working with cable card with the exception of xfinity on-demand which was working when I was paying for service. I'm not now. (I'm in sf bay area btw). Anyone know how long I'll continue to get free service or when or what comcast will charge me for not returning cable card?

You're NOT gong to call and say I'M BACK?
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
My friend goes to FL every winter and suspends Comcast for the winter but Comcast does not turn off the cable or Internet only the phone will not work, if he comes back for a few days he will use the system but in the summer he tells Comcast he is back full time. Comcast will know if you are using the system, I would call them and tell them your back.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
rfryar
My Media, My Way

In my opinion you told them to turn you off and they did not. I do not think they have any recourse to bill you for getting service they forgot to disable.

Of course I am no lawyer and do not even play one on tv.
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Len McRiddles

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night?
Len McRiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
leiff

I don't understand last post made here but op here again.
I had decided while away last month that I would not subscribe to tv for a few months to save some money but its tempting to keep these cable cards as long as they're still working (minus on-demand.) I still have 2 cards because originally I had a s3 before upgrading to xl4. I suppose I could just return one card if Comcast asks me about it. I'll update this thread on future developments for those curious. I wouldn't think Comcast could start re- charging me for service without permission. And as I noted something was done to my service because I'm no longer getting on demand xfinity like I was when I was paying for service.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote