TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
sehale

Comcast started shutting down the 200 channels

I noticed today that Comcast in Delaware started shutting down the HD channels in the 200 range which were duplicated in the 800 range. The Tivo Guide still shows them on the grid but there is nothing but a black screen when I tune them in. I've received one Tivo message talking about the move but some of the shows in My To Do list didn't migrate up to the 800 channels. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and what I should expect in terms of timing, etc.
sehale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
caddyroger

Have you done a repeat guild setup?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
sandman55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehale View Post
I noticed today that Comcast in Delaware started shutting down the HD channels in the 200 range which were duplicated in the 800 range. The Tivo Guide still shows them on the grid but there is nothing but a black screen when I tune them in. I've received one Tivo message talking about the move but some of the shows in My To Do list didn't migrate up to the 800 channels. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and what I should expect in terms of timing, etc.
Comcast shut down the 200's in PA over a year ago but they gave us plenty of warning. You just have to learn new numbers.
sandman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
SNJpage1

I keep waiting for them to do it here by Atlantic City. never could figure out why they still had them when they are also in the 800's.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Millionaire2K

I still have all the 200's near Philadelphia PA.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
sehale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
I still have all the 200's near Philadelphia PA.
Well look at that - they are back! Crazy. The 200 series channels, at least 200 to 234 or so (before I stopped checking) were gone from mid-morning till I just checked now. I thought it was strange that I didn't get a notice but I heard it was going to happen eventually. Very strange. Other non-Tivo TVs in the house had a floating Comcast message telling me to tune to Channel 25 for a few minutes as a line-up change had occurred. I thought it was related. Maybe it was a test. Thanks for the responses.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
morac
Cat God

I've had both the 200 and 800 channels for years and haven't heard about them removing the 200 ones. Duplicating channels doesn't take up any extra space since it just maps both sets to the same frequencies. Unless they want to map the 200 numbers to different channels, there's no point removing them.

I'm still waiting for Comcast's total channel remapping that I heard about about 2 years ago where they are supposed to be making the HD channels the same number as the SD channels plus 1000. For example if BBCA is 115, then BBCA HD would be 1115. I don't know whatever happened to that. I did just get my first channels in the 1000 range a few months back, but there's no ordering scheme that I can figure out.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
sehale

Minor update to an old thread - got a phone message from Comcast yesterday saying that the 200 HD channels will disappear on August 30. Hoping all of my Season passes migrate properly. Somehow I doubt it.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehale View Post
Minor update to an old thread - got a phone message from Comcast yesterday saying that the 200 HD channels will disappear on August 30. Hoping all of my Season passes migrate properly. Somehow I doubt it.
My 200 channels just disappeared yesterday. I had spent time recreating my season passes, but there was one season pass that wasn't airing so I couldn't change that one. It turns out I wasted my time recreating all the other season passes since that one season pass migrated correctly from the 200 to 800 channel.

So yes, they will migrate.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
My 200 channels just disappeared yesterday. I had spent time recreating my season passes, but there was one season pass that wasn't airing so I couldn't change that one. It turns out I wasted my time recreating all the other season passes since that one season pass migrated correctly from the 200 to 800 channel.

So yes, they will migrate.
I did the same thing except I had about 20 or so not airing and they all changed over by themselves as did my 'Favorites' in the channel guide.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
stujac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman55 View Post
Comcast shut down the 200's in PA over a year ago but they gave us plenty of warning. You just have to learn new numbers.
Ummm..not really. I live in PA and have all the 200 channel series still.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #12
Millionaire2K

In PA... My local Comcast is getting rid of all the 200's on the 30th. They sent a few mailers and made a call. They also are airing tv ads.

I chaeck me SP's and I oddley already had them all set to the 800 chs. So nothing to change.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
sehale

Sure enough - the 200 series of HD channels are gone now. But I am happy to report that all of my Season Passes were automatically updated to the corresponding 800 channels. One kind of weird thing - the channel guide still shows listings for the 200 series (if I select a channel, the Comcast logo shows with a message about the move). However, if tune to say channel 199, then press Channel Up, it skips to the next "live" channel (like 248 or something) - bypassing all of the old "dead" channels. I am wondering when the guide will update. Maybe after the current 14 day or so information expires.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
HerronScott

We've had both sets of channels now for some time but haven't heard anything yet about dropping the 200 series of channels. I'm curious as to why the shift.

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #15
stujac

They did ours this week without notice. I turned to 200 and got an Infinity screen showing how to use their remote. As if!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
sehale

The guide is now current. Channel 199 is listed, then it jumps to channel 246.