TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #31
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

I flipped on the tv last night, and the scene where Dexter has the arsonist on the table was playing. I watched it and am confused. It seemed like he heard the cops pull up in the driveway just before he made the kill. Then the next scene has the cops walk into the room and see the guy on the floor. How did Dexter get rid of all that plastic and other acoutrements so damn fast (and still slip away unnoticed)? Plus where was his car?

Personally I am hoping Dexter does get caught and go to jail. I don't think he would kill himself because of Harrison (and step kids). And that would lead to a final season with Dexter killing off murderers in jail using makeshift tools. I would find that way more interesting to watch than what has become of this season since he banged Hanna on the kill table.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #32
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
I flipped on the tv last night, and the scene where Dexter has the arsonist on the table was playing. I watched it and am confused. It seemed like he heard the cops pull up in the driveway just before he made the kill. Then the next scene has the cops walk into the room and see the guy on the floor. How did Dexter get rid of all that plastic and other acoutrements so damn fast (and still slip away unnoticed)? Plus where was his car?
That's not what happened. If you did hear the cops pull in, it was probably an editing error. He called Deb and re-arranged the room, and then some time later they showed up.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
That's not what happened. If you did hear the cops pull in, it was probably an editing error. He called Deb and re-arranged the room, and then some time later they showed up.
Yeah, the guy claims it's not his fault, it's Bobby's fault. Dexter tells him he's not a kid anymore and he has to take responsibility for himself. As Dexter is holding the knife up for the kill, he realizes that if he's blaming this guy for doing things spurred by childhood trauma, that means Dexter has to accept blame for his own killing. There's a quick cut that shows the police pulling up to the house. If you weren't paying attention, I can see how someone might think when Dexter said "F&*#," it was because the police were pulling up instead of him realizing his mistake going after the arsonist. Presumably he drugged the guy again, cleaned up, got out, and called the police.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
When they try to follow up with him about the tip he left they will not be able to find him. They know Dexter is dating his daughter and the babysitter saw him with Dexter.
But, with the way the writing on this show is, I bet his disappearance is never noticed. Kinda like the lab guy who nobody has missed.
Hannah's father going missing is not something that they can realistically feel suspicious about. The guy has no fixed address and is, by his own admission, on the run from his gambling debts. The fact that the police can't find him to question him shouldn't cause anyone's head to turn. Certainly it can't be considered even the smallest bit of evidence against Dexter.

The lab guy is another story. We know why he's not missed by any of the main characters: the PD fired him and the nanny dumped him. But doesn't he have anyone else in his life, who would report him missing? Even his landlord? I guess he would be reported to missing persons, and they might not realize that he worked at the blood lab in Homicide. No particular reason the Homicide squad should know about a particular missing person. Still if Missing Persons were doing their job they'd find out about the nanny and ask her questions... whatever. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath that will come back up though.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #35
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Hannah's father going missing is not something that they can realistically feel suspicious about. The guy has no fixed address and is, by his own admission, on the run from his gambling debts. The fact that the police can't find him to question him shouldn't cause anyone's head to turn. Certainly it can't be considered even the smallest bit of evidence against Dexter.
Possibility that it might come back and bite Hannah.

They have to find the truck, yes?
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #36
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
The lab guy is another story. We know why he's not missed by any of the main characters: the PD fired him and the nanny dumped him. But doesn't he have anyone else in his life, who would report him missing? Even his landlord? I guess he would be reported to missing persons, and they might not realize that he worked at the blood lab in Homicide. No particular reason the Homicide squad should know about a particular missing person. Still if Missing Persons were doing their job they'd find out about the nanny and ask her questions... whatever. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not holding my breath that will come back up though.
He appeared to be a wealthy antisocial type. I doubt he had a landlord. The only people that one might think would miss him are his gaming colleagues.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #37
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
He appeared to be a wealthy antisocial type. I doubt he had a landlord. The only people that one might think would miss him are his gaming colleagues.
I'm surprised the local comic book shop hasn't put him on milk cartons by now...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #38
getreal
postcrastinator

It's getting ridiculous on this forum when people here expect Miami Homicide to investigate ashes from crematoriums and missing persons who aren't even reported as missing.

C'mon folks, let's get real!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #39
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Yeah, the guy claims it's not his fault, it's Bobby's fault. Dexter tells him he's not a kid anymore and he has to take responsibility for himself. As Dexter is holding the knife up for the kill, he realizes that if he's blaming this guy for doing things spurred by childhood trauma, that means Dexter has to accept blame for his own killing. There's a quick cut that shows the police pulling up to the house. If you weren't paying attention, I can see how someone might think when Dexter said "F&*#," it was because the police were pulling up instead of him realizing his mistake going after the arsonist. Presumably he drugged the guy again, cleaned up, got out, and called the police.
Ah, thanks for the explanation. The sequence of events threw me off. I guess I shouldn't fold laundry while Dexter is on.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #40
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
I guess I shouldn't fold laundry while Dexter is on.
You've got to take responsibility for yourself. Don't blame it on the laundry!
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote