TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
newsposter
Poster of News

calling a board meeting while keeping the sharks waiting was fantastic..mister wonderful loves to wait! i knew they went longer than 10 min but i cant imagine anyoen holding out 2 hours in the tank...must have been like a trump board room..sheer hell

has cuban ever been first in..he seems to hang back and let them fight first

the dog poo thing was just silly...to me it seems like it would attract even your neighbors flies lol. i get what he was trying to do but i dont get it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #32
pmyers

Daymond is arrogant, but he is the first to call somebody out that he thinks is just looking for promotion and not a deal. I respect that.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #33
newsposter
Poster of News

i almost wish he took mister wonderfuls offer of X per unit sold and no equity. he seems to really like those royalty deals and i guess there's no risk then with no equity in the game..most he could ever lose would be his investment

!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #34
pmyers

How many free riding lessons did Seth McFarland get for showing up?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #35
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
calling a board meeting while keeping the sharks waiting was fantastic..mister wonderful loves to wait! i knew they went longer than 10 min but i cant imagine anyone holding out 2 hours in the tank...must have been like a trump board room..sheer hell
Live chat with the stars of Shark Tank had some interesting behind-the-scenes info about what goes on in the tank.

Spoiler:
For instance, the presenter cannot speak until one of the sharks speaks to them first. And sometimes the sharks make them stand there for 5 minutes or more before they can start their pitch. Lori commented that she liked knocking them off-balance by making them wait like that. Another thing was that we only see a very small portion of what goes on during a presentation. On average, a single presentation can take from 45 minutes to over 2 hours. Loved what they had to say about the plate-cover guy. They were all REALLY annoyed!

Well worth watching!
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
Daymond is a PITA too. I wouldn't want a deal with him unless I had invented new hip hop shorts that ride lower than your ankles.
He's probably just compensating a bit for being like three feet tall.
There's a wide shot during some of the openings that include Barbara and he looks like he's part of the Lollypop Guild. Him standing next to Cuban? Looks like Danny Devito in Twins.

The Napoleon complex is real with this one...
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
How many free riding lessons did Seth McFarland get for showing up?
I kept getting more and more embarrassed for Seth as it went on. The Sharks went from really digging him to ridiculing him.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #38
mattack

I *TOTALLY* want the plate cover thing.. But don't want to give that jerk any money!
I don't even care if it really can hold up a plate or not (i.e. the actual suction value isn't of huge use to me).. just a way to keep splatters off of the microwave when nuking leftovers, and a way to "cover" food to put it in the fridge without all of the wasteful plastic wrap.
(Yes, putting something in corningware type stuff solves both problems too…)

I agree with the other points too -- THERE'S NO CRYING IN SHARK TANK.. Plus Seth's a great guy, but that was embarrassing.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #39
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I kept getting more and more embarrassed for Seth as it went on. The Sharks went from really digging him to ridiculing him.
he's on the other end of the charlie sheen roast now

!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #40
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I *TOTALLY* want the plate cover thing.. But don't want to give that jerk any money!
I don't even care if it really can hold up a plate or not (i.e. the actual suction value isn't of huge use to me).. just a way to keep splatters off of the microwave when nuking leftovers, and a way to "cover" food to put it in the fridge without all of the wasteful plastic wrap.
dont you have one of those generic plastic covers with hole in for venting? i cant imagine using plastic vs having one of them..get thee to walmart

and speaking of venting, no way can you nuke anything with that being airtight..i dont remember him talking about a vent..can there even be one?

!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #41
Byteofram
Survivor of C-bus

Quote:
and speaking of venting, no way can you nuke anything with that being airtight..i dont remember him talking about a vent..can there even be one?
I thought when you were nuking the plate, you'd unrelease the suction and the part at the top that creates the suction, would also in turn be your vent when nuking. Could be wrong though, but yeah, you need a vent or you are going to have issues.
Byteofram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #42
tiams

I'm wary of nuking any kind of plastic along with my food.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #43
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
yet milions have plastic wrap literally touching the food..at least my cover is 3 inches away lol

!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #44
pmyers

Yeah...his idea isn't that much better than the microwave plate covers already on the market. Having it seal is neat, but how many plates could you really put into your refrig anyways?

The other sizes (especially the cake one) were pretty cool though.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #45
mwhip
All better

I was thinking as it became clear it was a good product but you did not want to work with the guy that maybe they would buy it from him. There have been instances in the past where the sharks have said, "I will pay you $X and give you x% of profit for you just to go away and I will run it." That seemed like the deal to make.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #46
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Yeah...his idea isn't that much better than the microwave plate covers already on the market. Having it seal is neat, but how many plates could you really put into your refrig anyways?

The other sizes (especially the cake one) were pretty cool though.
pizza is generally the only reason i would need this..everything else i put in other smaller containers..i wouldnt want to tie up a plate for storage reasons

!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
pmyers

btw...I do have to say that I really have enjoyed the Sharks going at each other this year. I like that better than them just ganging up on the guests.

Robert (the guy on the far right) should just become the host/moderator at this point as I can't even remember the last time that he has made an investment.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #48
newsposter
Poster of News

rob is my fav...love his laid back attitude not an in your face kind of &&&& like wonderful and sometimes cuban

so how much does a shark earn being on this show i wonder

!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #49
bruinfan

Quote:
the dog poo thing was just silly...to me it seems like it would attract even your neighbors flies lol. i get what he was trying to do but i dont get it
i think the application would be in areas where flies are a major problem due to an abundance of attractants, like a stable.... or maybe a dog park...

also, he should've emphasized a different attractant, he mentioned chicken bones... it might have useful application at a picnic or any outdoor event with food.
bruinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #50
mattack

Quote:
You must never eat TV dinners, or have zillions of plastic "microwave safe" bowls, etc.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #51
mattack

Quote:
1) attract flies
2) they get stuck to the cone
3) PROFIT (not really)

Sure, it sounds "gross", but I thought it was semi-clever.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #52
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
You must never eat TV dinners, or have zillions of plastic "microwave safe" bowls, etc.
I don't eat TV dinners and if something is stored in a plastic container or "tupperware" I put it on a plate before I reheat it in the microwave. Some paper plates have a plastic coating so you have to be aware of that too. Many paper towels are fabricated with plastic also.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #53
newsposter
Poster of News

some paper products are also made of recycled material..always wondered about the recycled toilet paper............................

!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #54
Swirl_Junkie

You could have used another attractant for the flies. I don't understand why the guy said it had to be poo. Couldn't it be anything flies are normally attracted to?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #55
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirl_Junkie View Post
You could have used another attractant for the flies. I don't understand why the guy said it had to be poo. Couldn't it be anything flies are normally attracted to?
The guy works in a barn/stalls. He wasn't thinking about mass appeal, just what works for him.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #56
Jayjoans

at one point he mentioned chicken bones would work too, those are much handier to come by than dog****....
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #57
plateau10

Indeed, I've heard honey works pretty well. Vinegar not so much.
plateau10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #58
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
at one point he mentioned chicken bones would work too, those are much handier to come by than dog****....
i think that depends where you live

!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #59
Hank
AC•FTW

Just curious, what *was* the original thread title?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote