Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #31
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'm just saying that triple-agents and quadruple-agents are really just double-agents whose loyalty leans one way or the other. And the suspense comes from which way he will ultimately lean.
Agreed. I'd think that the terms "triple agent" and "quadruple agent" would have to involve supposed loyalties to third and fourth parties.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #32
Bob Coxner

The CIA can place bugs in the halls of Congress? That will go over well in the next appropriations hearing.

Also, they were wondering what Brody and the Middle Eastern reporter were talking about. No lip readers in the CIA?
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #33
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Also, they were wondering what Brody and the Middle Eastern reporter were talking about. No lip readers in the CIA?
Maybe they wanted to sweep together?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
The CIA can place bugs in the halls of Congress? That will go over well in the next appropriations hearing.

I don't think any of the camera angles they had of Brody talking to Roya showed their faces very well.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #35
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I do find it a bit odd that the CIA doesn't find it a bit odd that a minor, specialty blogger has that kind of access to a US Congressman...
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #36
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:

I think they indicated it was very difficult to get audio in the halls of Congress, which is why they didn't hear his conversation. Also the angle they had was bad or else they would have seen Brody making some serious grimaces.

The Racial Profiling didn't work though, because they profiled for Arab MEN. Totally overlooked the reporter.

Definitely a debate about Brody really 'making' Carrie, but I think he did. One thing that was established last year was this intense connection that they had. He read her like a book, which is why using Carrie was a dumb idea in the first place.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
If you want some fun - I spotted a pretty bad goof on the first viewing!

When they show Carrie pacing the lobby at Langley minutes before Brody will arrive in a cab, look at the far window just right of center screen. There's a reflection of a reflection of a guy standing there in suit and blue shirt carrying a bag. It's Damien Lewis.

I froze it and thought if he shows up in that outfit carrying bag, it was him. He gets out of the taxicab wearing that suit and he's carrying a briefcase.

They must have choose a later take in editing, where he would start walking to the door. If not, you'd think he would be sitting further off set for that scene.
Doh, again. There are no accidents. The editor would have seen that reflection.

Watch them say in an artistic decision they had Brody standing there to show that Carrie was thinking about him. Like we wouldn't know.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 10-23-2012 at 11:34 AM.
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #38
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
The EXECUTIVE BRANCH (DoD?) agency bugging the Congressional Office Building? Again, the CIA working inside the US? How about grounds for impeachment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I do find it a bit odd that the CIA doesn't find it a bit odd that a minor, specialty blogger has that kind of access to a US Congressman...
They coud sell it as this is US Congressman who was captive in the Middle East for years, like she wanted his perpective on extremists and Islamic culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
...The Racial Profiling didn't work though, because they profiled for Arab MEN. Totally overlooked the reporter.
Nah. They had her as one of the 3-4 suspects for the contact, along with the cab driver and the car wash guy. BTW, when they interview him he'll say that Brody wanted to get rid of the smoke smell!

Quote:
Quote:
I think they indicated it was very difficult to get audio in the halls of Congress, which is why they didn't hear his conversation. Also the angle they had was bad or else they would have seen Brody making some serious grimaces.

Definitely a debate about Brody really 'making' Carrie, but I think he did. One thing that was established last year was this intense connection that they had. He read her like a book, which is why using Carrie was a dumb idea in the first place.
What is fantastic is that they can "tie into the hotel's cameras" and get audio. We're used to that thanks to Ocean's 11 and Person of Interest and Leverage but it ain't so easy. Most CCTV cameras don't have microphones.

Being that Carrie has never been wrong, we can buy that she picked up on losing him. She said she went off her game when he asked her about the ECT sessions. She also might have decided to pull him down immediately. Remember, "I LOVED YOU!"

How izzit that the CIA had the takedown team ready when it was supposed to be a simple drink with the target? I guess we buy that they were outside in the van just in case? Too, there could have been plenty of witnesses that a congressman was here and they took him away in a hood. Where was the bartender?

Another: If the CIA was really closing in on the tailor and followed the car with their van, how dumb would they be not to figure out that it was Brody's car?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 10-23-2012 at 02:31 PM.
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
What is fantastic is that they can "tie into the hotel's cameras" and get audio. We're used to that thanks to Ocean's 11 and Person of Interest and Leverage but it ain't so easy. Most CCTV cameras don't have microphones.
What audio? They had Carrie wired. I don't remember them having audio otherwise.

Quote:
Another: If the CIA was really closing in on teh tailor and followed the car with their van, how dumb would they be not to figure out that it was Brody's car?
Do we actually know that's what was happening there?
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #40
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Another: If the CIA was really closing in on teh tailor and followed the car with their van, how dumb would they be not to figure out that it was Brody's car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Do we actually know that's what was happening there?
I think that was just Brody being paranoid. No truck was following them.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
They could sell it as this is US Congressman who was captive in the Middle East for years, like she wanted his perceptive on extremists and Islamic culture.
But why would HE give HER the time of day? Considering he's a war-hero Congressman who is rumored to be a VP candidate, every media outlet in the country would be beating down the doors for an interview...and he takes this complete nobody aside for a private one-on-one? This Muslim nobody. When the CIA already knows he's a Muslim terrorist.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #42
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

This show never ceases to amaze/surprise. Of course, the showrunners have gone on record as saying that they want to move things along faster than the audience expects so as to keep them more in the dark, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #43
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'd think that the terms "triple agent" and "quadruple agent" would have to involve supposed loyalties to third and fourth parties.
Then you'd think wrong. I already linked to definitions of those terms. They have specific meanings when talking about two parties.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #44
tiams

Quote:

The Racial Profiling didn't work though, because they profiled for Arab MEN. Totally overlooked the reporter.
The racial profiling did work. The reporter is the race they were looking for and she went up. Gender isn't a race.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #45
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The racial profiling did work. The reporter is the race they were looking for and she went up. Gender isn't a race.
Everyone he came into contact with that day went up on the board. Then they had the discussion that they can't explore every person, so they needed to narrow it down. So Saul profiled three people for futher exploration, three Arab Men.

They are not looking into the reporter, at least not yet.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #46
cherry ghost

Quote:
Everyone he came into contact with that day went up on the board. Then they had the discussion that they can't explore every person, so they needed to narrow it down. So Saul profiled three people for futher exploration, three Arab Men.

They are not looking into the reporter, at least not yet.

Actually, one of the three is a woman, but not Roya Hammad.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #47
Hank
AC•FTW

I'm working my way through Season 1 now to get all the background.

At what point in Season 1 did the audience *know* for sure that Brody was turned and working for Abu Nazir? I just watched E07 where they found out that Tom Walker is alive and the sniper on the roof, right after Brody told Carrie he killed him.

It's a little confusing because of course I now know Brody has turned,but at this point in S01, did the audience feel that he's actually innocent and Carrie is just crazy?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #48
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

At what point in Season 1 did the audience *know* for sure that Brody was turned and working for Abu Nazir? I just watched E07 where they found out that Tom Walker is alive and the sniper on the roof, right after Brody told Carrie he killed him.

It's a little confusing because of course I now know Brody has turned,but at this point in S01, did the audience feel that he's actually innocent and Carrie is just crazy?
It's definitively established in S01E09, but there might have been some confirmation used as a cliffhanger in S01E08 as well.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #49
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

I was up in the air the entire first 6 episodes. After 1.07 (the phenomenal "Weekend" ep) I believed Brody when he said he wasn't a terrorist. Of course, we find out at the end of 1.08 that he was, after all, working for Nazir, but he was pissed enough that I felt (hoped?) that maybe he wouldn't go through with it.