TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Shaunnick

What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is 'The Choice'?

My wife and I are flipping channels the other day and came across this show that looked like a ripoff of 'The Voice.' We watch for a minute as four guys in rotating chairs listen to the 'talent' go on about how awesome or fun they are. Since the women who were auditioning had some obvious intellectual shortcomings we continued to flip channels.

Fast forward to today where I am in the break room at work when I see a promo for this show. Talks about Mike 'The Situation' being on the next episode. Huh?

What is the point of the competition? After the guys choose their picks, what do they do with them?

My best guess is this is a talent show rather than a singing competition, and maybe these guys run talent agencies for models or some-such. But then they have 'The Situation' on?

Can anyone feel me in?
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
terpfan1980
It's Just TV

TC CLUB MEMBER
The point is to get you and/or other viewers to tune in
Xbox Live gamertag/PSN id: terpfan1980
terpfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
My wife and I are flipping channels the other day and came across this show that looked like a ripoff of 'The Voice.' We watch for a minute as four guys in rotating chairs listen to the 'talent' go on about how awesome or fun they are. Since the women who were auditioning had some obvious intellectual shortcomings we continued to flip channels.

Fast forward to today where I am in the break room at work when I see a promo for this show. Talks about Mike 'The Situation' being on the next episode. Huh?

What is the point of the competition? After the guys choose their picks, what do they do with them?
It's a dating show - the four guys in the chairs are celebrities (I think there will be one episode with women in the chairs and men as the potential dates). Each ends up with three possible dates, and then somehow they get whittled down to one each. Presumably, the "results" of the dates are shown the following week.

The whole point of the chairs is, it's meant to be a ripoff of "The Voice", which is NBC's answer to The X Factor and American Idol.

-- Don
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote