TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #31
hummingbird_206

The Casket Girls 1/14/2014

OK, finally got caught up. Still loving this show.

I love bad ass Rebekah. Would be great if she and Davina defeat Klaus. I'm sure it's not going to happen, but I'm guessing it will be a fun ride.

Why did Tim die of the poison, but Davina recovered?
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:26 AM   #32
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
OK, finally got caught up. Still loving this show.

I love bad ass Rebekah. Would be great if she and Davina defeat Klaus. I'm sure it's not going to happen, but I'm guessing it will be a fun ride.

Why did Tim die of the poison, but Davina recovered?
Marcel made the other witch put a protection spell on Davina like she had herself, which is why she was the only one that survived in the church.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #33
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Marcel made the other witch put a protection spell on Davina like she had herself, which is why she was the only one that survived in the church.
I almost threw my slipper at the tv at this reveal.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #34
MikeCC
TiVotee

Yeah, it was a freaking copout, a cheat... It was the easy way out for the writers. I was more than a little disappointed in this. It felt like an amateur writer came up with that...

Next thing you know, we'll discover Davina can travel through time or some such weird never before discovered power.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #35
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't understand what was going on there.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #36
hummingbird_206

Kinda bummed that Davina is dead.

Wonder what Elijah will think about his love coming back to life?
Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #37
LoREvanescence

Quote:

Yeah, what a twist that was. I wasn't expecting that or the other witches being resurrected.
LoREvanescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
cheesesteak
Meh.

This show would be much better if Klaus just went away.

Hail Hydra!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #39
LoREvanescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
This show would be much better if Klaus just went away.
I don't see how that is possible though, doesn't the whole show revolve around Klaus?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #40
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post
I don't see how that is possible though, doesn't the whole show revolve around Klaus?
I agree he's the week link for me just like on TVD. I also agree it's not possible because he's the center of the show.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #41
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:

Me, too. Still, no one is ever dead forever in this weird universe. Case in point: the resurrection of those odd, creepy witches.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #42
LoREvanescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Me, too. Still, no one is ever dead forever in this weird universe. Case in point: the resurrection of those odd, creepy witches.
True, and how many times did someone come back to life on the Vampire Diaries?

Even if they haven't their characters keep popping up in ghost form.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #43
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I agree he's the week link for me just like on TVD. I also agree it's not possible because he's the center of the show.
The show was created with him as the central character but if there were a total Klausectomy between now and the next episode, would any subplots suffer? Does he add anything to this show other than the actually interesting people having to deal with his constant tantrums, selfishness and immaturity?

Hail Hydra!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #44
LoREvanescence

I say Rebecca needs to Dagger Klaus for a few episodes.

That's definitely in the realm of possibilities.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #45
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
I say Rebecca needs to Dagger Klaus for a few episodes.

That's definitely in the realm of possibilities.
Spoiler:

I would be such a happy person! I had to see his mug on TVD last week too and was like "WTF man why can't I escape him and his horrible acting and annoying lisp!?!" I really can't wrap my brain around his popularity.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #46
hummingbird_206

I don't love Klaus, but I have to say, he has grown on me a bit. But I wouldn't miss him if Rebekah did dagger him!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #47
LoREvanescence

So confused about tonights episode. All the flash backs to right after WWII, I thought earlier in the show Rebecca knew noting about Marcel since Klaus daggered her way back in the early days in New Orleans.

I'm I wrong or is something not adding up here.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #48
jeepair

Quote:
So confused about tonights episode. All the flash backs to right after WWII, I thought earlier in the show Rebecca knew noting about Marcel since Klaus daggered her way back in the early days in New Orleans.

I'm I wrong or is something not adding up here.
WWI, not WWII

I think she was put in her coffin sometime after the 1800's, after Marcel was turned and 50 so years later she was out which I'm guessing is around the early 1900's. IIRC Stephan and Rebecca hung out in New Orleans in the early 20's.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #49
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
WWI, not WWII

I think she was put in her coffin sometime after the 1800's, after Marcel was turned and 50 so years later she was out which I'm guessing is around the early 1900's. IIRC Stephan and Rebecca hung out in New Orleans in the early 20's.
She and Stefan were in Chicago, not New Orleans so it must have been after they fled that first time.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #50
hummingbird_206

I laughed at the mention of Klaus visiting Mystic Falls.

Sophie mentioned that 4 other witches got the powers from Davina and her friends. So that would be Celeste and Papa Tunde, who are the other 2? Or was it just Celeste and Papa who got the extra power? Hopefully Marcel or someone will kill Celeste and Papa so we get Davina back!

And how was Camille not injured after being flung across the room?

Too much whining from Rebekah, need bitchy Rebekah back, pronto!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #51
laria
Librocubicularist

In last week's episode, I almost didn't recognize Elijah out of his suit!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:54 AM   #52
cheesesteak
Meh.

I don't know what Papa Tunde did to Rebecca but it doesn't look good for my girl.

I spent half this episode wondering why the originals just didn't kill all of the witches way back then and now. All they do is cause trouble.

Has anyone ever seen Klaus and Howdy Doody in the same room?

Hail Hydra!

Last edited by cheesesteak : 01-30-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #53
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I don't know what Papa Tunde did to Rebecca but it doesn't look good for my girl.
I wondered why this episode was still on my tivo because I usually delete shows after I watch them. Seems like I fell asleep 20 minutes in and thought I'd watched the whole episode. Rebecca's back to her normal frustrated self.

I saw something I've never seen before. Papa Tunde threw Klaus across the room into wall shelves when they were fighting. When Klaus hit the bookcase and fell, he was facing the camera but they blurred out his face. Stunt doubles are normally positioned so that you never get a clear view of their faces during the action sequences. I guess Klaus's double didn't get the memo and it was too time consuming or expensive to reshoot so they just blurred his face out.

Hail Hydra!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #54
hummingbird_206

Quote:
I wondered why this episode was still on my tivo because I usually delete shows after I watch them. Seems like I fell asleep 20 minutes in and thought I'd watched the whole episode. Rebecca's back to her normal frustrated self.

I saw something I've never seen before. Papa Tunde threw Klaus across the room into wall shelves when they were fighting. When Klaus hit the bookcase and fell, he was facing the camera but they blurred out his face. Stunt doubles are normally positioned so that you never get a clear view of their faces during the action sequences. I guess Klaus's double didn't get the memo and it was too time consuming or expensive to reshoot so they just blurred his face out.
When I read your other post, I wondered why you thought that about Rebekah, but then I saw something shiny and forgot to ask.

Didn't notice they blurred 'Klaus'. Maybe we can get them to recast the role...the stunt double would probably be better!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #55
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

So wow. I guess Sophie is dead now. I was surprised it was her niece and not Davina that came back. I think honestly the actress for Davina could have executed that entire thing better. This one is very forced. It bugged me.

And Elijah saving Haley over his own brother maybe but over Rebekah? I just can't buy their love. The entire thing with them annoys me. I like both characters but I just can't get on board with the angst of their forbidden love. And now they seem to have added in a third, the wolf, to make it a lovely triangle. Julie Plec why must you?

Marcel continues to move away from the villain role they painted him in the pilot. I am liking it. He's a great actor and he's really pretty. His teeth are mesmerizing.

They better not kill off Father Kieren either!! I need Todd on my screen. I'm tired of him being so limited in everything he's in! He's such a great actor. I'm not alone on this thought am I?

Overall this show continues to bring it. It's such a great start to my Tuesday night. This and SPN are the only shows I'm watching live at this point. (My 10pm shows I'd like to but can't)
Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #56
jeepair

Quote:
So wow. I guess Sophie is dead now. I was surprised it was her niece and not Davina that came back. I think honestly the actress for Davina could have executed that entire thing better. This one is very forced. It bugged me.

And Elijah saving Haley over his own brother maybe but over Rebekah? I just can't buy their love. The entire thing with them annoys me. I like both characters but I just can't get on board with the angst of their forbidden love. And now they seem to have added in a third, the wolf, to make it a lovely triangle. Julie Plec why must you?

Marcel continues to move away from the villain role they painted him in the pilot. I am liking it. He's a great actor and he's really pretty. His teeth are mesmerizing.

They better not kill off Father Kieren either!! I need Todd on my screen. I'm tired of him being so limited in everything he's in! He's such a great actor. I'm not alone on this thought am I?

Overall this show continues to bring it. It's such a great start to my Tuesday night. This and SPN are the only shows I'm watching live at this point. (My 10pm shows I'd like to but can't)
After 1000+ years Elijah probably feels that nothing can touch his family so I do see him going after the baby and Haley since she isn't indestructible.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #57
hummingbird_206

I don't think Hayley has chemistry with any of the male characters. She and Rebekah are great together, but not in a romantic way. There is no heat at all between her and Elijah. And I didn't think she had chemistry with Tyler when on TVD, either.

So far only 1 of the young witches from the harvest has come back to life, so I expect (hope!) we will get the other 3, including Davina, coming back, too.

I am loving this show. So much better than TVD. IMO, they should cancel TVD and bring Katherine and Damon to New Orleans.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #58
cheesesteak
Meh.

This show has done a great job of making me dislike every witch in it other than Davina. I never liked Sophie so I don't really care if she's dead. I'm firmly in Camp Vampire after this episode even though I can't stand Klaus.

I guess Rebekah forgot that she has super vamp speed and could have zoomed out of the wolf ambush.

I was surprised that the tourists stuck around when Sophie's niece climbed out of the tomb. I'd have been a streak of lightning outta there after yelling "Feets don't fail me now!"

I can definitely live without the Haley-Klaus-Elijah-Wolf Guy love quadrilateral.

Hail Hydra!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #59
hummingbird_206

Yeah, I didn't understand the wolf ambush of Rebekah. Not sure why she didn't run away. Hopefully that will be explained rather than ignored.

They did say they told the tourists it was part of the tour, so I can see why the tourists didn't freak out.

Love quadrilateral definitely sucks even worse than the triangle. Maybe Hayley will die giving birth? Pretty sure that's not going to happen, but I also could do without the craptasticness that is the love quadrilateral.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #60
hummingbird_206

Farewell to Storyville 3/11/2014

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
So Davina is back. But now she's 'depressed' because all of the witches are mad at her for helping the vampires? Is she still going to be powerful?

Rebekah is really gone? Damn, that's a bummer. I can't believe Marcel didn't go with her.