TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 4.96 average.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #2041
Kash76
Live TV?
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 68
Back after nine years!! I just used the Friends and Family deal (https://www.tivo.com/promo/friendsandfamily) to purchase a Roamio Basic w/lifetime and a Mini for $621 shipped. I am going to order a second Mini from Amazon w/some cashback

Is the F&F the same as the code that the guy is selling on eBay? If so, I was able to get a code from a nice person on Reddit for free

__________________
Kash76

Former DirecTV TiVo User (ended in 2006). Ended service in '15
On order...
Roamio Basic TiVo Lifetime Sub w/1TB drive using OTA
2 TiVo Minis
Kash76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2042
buddhawood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anderson, IN. USA
Posts: 475
Thumbs up

I was able to use my price protection from the Discover card I used to purchase the Roamio Plus on the 10yr loyalty deal.
Amazon had the Roamio Plus for $299 last week. I filled out the form and just got the notice my claim was approved and Discover is crediting me the $100.00 difference.
I now have a Lifetime Roamio plus w/ lifetime and a Slide remote for $424.00 including tax and shipping!
Check the credit card you used for the purchase and you may have the same luck!


Last edited by buddhawood : Yesterday at 11:06 PM.
buddhawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #2043
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhawood View Post
I was able to use my price protection from the Discover card I used to purchase the Roamio Plus on the 10yr loyalty deal. Amazon had the Roamio Plus for $299 last week. I filled out the form and just got the notice my claim was approved and Discover is crediting me the $100.00 difference. I now have a Lifetime Roamio plus w/ lifetime and a Slide remote for $424.00 including tax and shipping! Check the credit card you used for the purchase and you may have the same luck!
Dude that's sweet! I'll have to check mine. I wonder how long you have to file a claim?

__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #2044
Mikeguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 153
Depends on the card and program--with Chase Freedom VISA it's for ads within 90 days of the original purchase date (pretty generous, if you ask me). Am looking into this as well.

Mikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #2045
tivoboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SFO
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeagler View Post
I too logged in yesterday and saw that same deal being offered. Too bad I'm not really in a position to take them up on it right now, but yes, it was there in my cart.
I logged in and there was a roamio PRO for 599$ and lifetime for 199$, but when I changed it to a Plus it went to 399$ and 399$...bummers

tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #2046
Kash76
Live TV?
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 68
Are they dumping inventory?

__________________
Kash76

Former DirecTV TiVo User (ended in 2006). Ended service in '15
On order...
Roamio Basic TiVo Lifetime Sub w/1TB drive using OTA
2 TiVo Minis
Kash76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:17 PM   #2047
tjtv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27
If you get the Roamio Plus for $399/lifetime $199 in your cart on tivo.com, my advice would be to jump on it immediately. I was the first to report it a few days ago, I dilly dallied around and tried to add the pro model to the cart and the $199 lifetime went away. I was never able to successfully get it back into the cart

tjtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #2048
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
I logged in and there was a roamio PRO for 599$ and lifetime for 199$, but when I changed it to a Plus it went to 399$ and 399$...bummers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtv View Post
If you get the Roamio Plus for $399/lifetime $199 in your cart on tivo.com, my advice would be to jump on it immediately. I was the first to report it a few days ago, I dilly dallied around and tried to add the pro model to the cart and the $199 lifetime went away. I was never able to successfully get it back into the cart
Yeah, you could always get the Plus deal and then just upgrade the hard drive to 3TB yourself. Super easy plug and play!

__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:33 PM   #2049
lparsons21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 24
My Roamio Plus with the Military deal just showed up a little while ago. Running through the setup process as I type. Cable connection isn't due till next week but I'm going to call to see if they can move it up. They set the time/date that I requested because the weather is hinky and I wasn't sure when the Roamio would show up.



I'll give it a bit before calling though to make sure everything is working fine except the cable tv service.



Then to change to an annual payment plan I just go to the TiVo.com site and 'manage' the subscription???

lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump







Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements





TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2015 DBNet - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.