TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
omnibus
cowboy, yee-ha

Shark tank, OAD 10/26/12

What a fun show this was. I was LMAO at the battle for the rights to that smiley face sponge.

I want one of those segway inspired unicycles. Two unlikely sharks couldn't wait to try it out. Hadn't heard about the discussed segway fatality.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

So I guess they're definitely committed to that T-Mobile product placement.

"Hey Robert, great to see you! I have those monthly sales figures...let me just beam them to your T-Mobile device."
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, the T-Mobile product placement is the clumsiest I've ever seen.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
ElJay

Does T-Mobile really think this is helping their cause? I say that as a customer, though I have a Windows phone so I can't do the amazing stuff they're showing off here.

The smiley face sponge was interesting, but I could never see myself spending $3 on it. I rarely have a need for a sponge in the kitchen, plus scouring pads are much cheaper and don't require hot water first to work properly.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

The smiley face sponge was intriguing. Soft or hard depending on water temperature? How does that work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
omnibus
cowboy, yee-ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
The smiley face sponge was intriguing. Soft or hard depending on water temperature? How does that work?
Somebody in Philly, please buy and check in.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
wendiness1
WiiMomma

I really love the Shemie! I'd love to purchase a few. I don't think the woman was clear enough that it is NOT a shaper. She tried but it was apparent the message wasn't received or else the men in the group had no idea. She has a difficult history which I think scared them off. I hope someone else backs her. I WANT this product.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
Somebody in Philly, please buy and check in.
https://getscrubdaddy.com/

You can order online.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
ElJay

http://www.lorigreiner.com/clearance/scrub-daddy-4-pack

So it's under the "clearance" section...
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
omnibus
cowboy, yee-ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
https://getscrubdaddy.com/

You can order online.
I did! A 4-pack was $15.99 with free shipping. Amazon has it priced at $29.95.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
I really love the Shemie! I'd love to purchase a few. I don't think the woman was clear enough that it is NOT a shaper. She tried but it was apparent the message wasn't received or else the men in the group had no idea. She has a difficult history which I think scared them off. I hope someone else backs her. I WANT this product.
http://www.theshemie.com/
Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
Yeah, the T-Mobile product placement is the clumsiest I've ever seen.
Not the mention, immediately following that "Shark Tank Update" with the forced T-Mobile line, it cuts to a commercial for....wait for it, T-Mobile!
Wow, what are the odds???

As for the Shemie, the name/font/logo looks a little too close to "shemale" to me.

I thought they were going to reveal that the ladies were all actually men or something.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm afraid they're going to ruin the show by making it too gimmicky, with obvious product placement and unnecessary celebrity appearances cross promoting other ABC shows.

They have to be more subtle about it, like when they did the update for the Show-No towel. Lori used her expertise and connections to get the towel into Disney World, and they showed Lori and the inventor traveling to Disney World to see it in the store there.

I'm sure it didn't hurt that ABC is owned by Disney, but it wasn't obvious that that was happening.

Or like on American Idol where the judges are drinking big cups of Coke. Not as subtle, but if I was a judge, I might be drinking a big cup of (Diet) Coke too.

But the T-mobile thing is so clumsy that it embarrasses everyone involved with it.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Not the mention, immediately following that "Shark Tank Update" with the forced T-Mobile line, it cuts to a commercial for....wait for it, T-Mobile!

As for the Shemie, the name/font/logo looks a little too close to "shemale" to me.

I thought they were going to reveal that the ladies were all actually men or something.
OMG! I did too! I was watching it with my mom and when the woman said "I can't believe I am telling you this..." I said "They are all really dudes!"

And I couldn't believe the pet ice cream people. The SECOND they walked in I said to my mom, "No one will invest a DIME." NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
And I couldn't believe the pet ice cream people. The SECOND they walked in I said to my mom, "No one will invest a DIME." NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!
I have the same reaction I have with expensive organic dog food at the store.

You're spending all this $ on "healthy" hippie food for your dog, who will promptly go out, lick up the cat's hair all vomit, and eat its own poop.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
Hank
AC•FTW

BTW, I think Robert dropped that dog twice.. I played it back, the close up and the wide shot, and it really looks like he's in two slightly different positions when he lets go of the dog. So I think the entire thing was set up, not unlike the rest of the show is becoming.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
BTW, I think Robert dropped that dog twice.. I played it back, the close up and the wide shot, and it really looks like he's in two slightly different positions when he lets go of the dog. So I think the entire thing was set up, not unlike the rest of the show is becoming.
My sister has a rat terrier and they spook easily-I am not sure if he dropped the dog or if he tried to pet the dog or rough-house and spooked it. Poor doggie!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJay View Post
http://www.lorigreiner.com/clearance/scrub-daddy-4-pack

So it's under the "clearance" section...
I love the 'angle glasses"

http://www.lorigreiner.com/clearance...ses-ships-free

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #19
Ment

Quote:
Yes. The sponge material has interesting properties. It wasn't invented for ScrubDaddy so wonder what its other commercial uses are.

Still don't get Shemie. Isn't it a slip styled so you can wear it outside of other clothes?
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
I noticed in the closing credits there was 'promotional consideration' from T-Mobile and Mercedes. They do the Mercedes placement much better!!

For the Shemie that's meant to be worn under a short dress, it seems like the bathroom would be an ordeal.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I have the same reaction I have with expensive organic dog food at the store.
You should have the same reaction to expensive organic food FOR PEOPLE too. It's just a sham/waste of money.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #22
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

You should have the same reaction to expensive organic food FOR PEOPLE too. It's just a sham/waste of money.
Organic poop is perfectly healthy.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
CharlieB

Quote:
<george costanza>Shrinkage!</george costanza>
CharlieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
probably patent pending

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote