TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

new girl 3/19/13

shane would be hard to give up but he should! i think it would have been more interesting if nick wasnt a gentleman and took jess at her word in bed. that would have been atypical of these shows. their bathroom situation always amazes me. it's like grand central in there.

i dont know what will be worse...if they do get together or just torture us with the teasing all season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

No way should Nick have acted on what Jess said while she was on painkillers. This is a fun show where both characters are funny, immature, and slightly neurotic. Most importantly, they're both extremely likable and as viewers, we're supposed to be rooting for them to eventually get together. But had Nick acted on what she said, it would have strayed into a very dark place. You'd have people claiming that he raped her and Nick would suddenly be a hated character, rather than the grumpy but charming man-child he's been. I'm definitely glad the writers didn't go there.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
malayphred
Underpowered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
No way should Nick have acted on what Jess said while she was on painkillers. This is a fun show where both characters are funny, immature, and slightly neurotic. Most importantly, they're both extremely likable and as viewers, we're supposed to be rooting for them to eventually get together. But had Nick acted on what she said, it would have strayed into a very dark place. You'd have people claiming that he raped her and Nick would suddenly be a hated character, rather than the grumpy but charming man-child he's been. I'm definitely glad the writers didn't go there.
+1
malayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I never expected for a minute that they would.

I was expecting her to try and act on what she was saying and for him to have to shut her down.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
their bathroom situation always amazes me. it's like grand central in there.
Did they ever explain what the (fictional) building that they live in used to be?

Their bathroom is like a bathroom you'd see in a business/workplace.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #6
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Did they ever explain what the (fictional) building that they live in used to be?
In real life, the building is the Binford Building, built in 1906 as an industrial building and turned into a 34-loft residential area in the mid 1980's.

Here is a shot I took of the building, with a New Girl shot imposed below it:

Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
newsposter
Poster of News

are the windows in the smaller pic shot out?

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
are the windows in the smaller pic shot out?
I think it's more that the larger one was taken on a cloudy day, so the reflections in the window are whiter.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
cherry ghost

Check your To-Do Lists, this week Tuesday is a rerun and a new episode is on Thursday
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote