TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

So, lets do the numbers. Quack pack consisted of Shane, Ian, Dan, Dani, and Britt. Frank put up two of them in order to get Dan out. Dan pulls a brilliant game move by convincing Frank to convince Jenn to use the veto on him. As a result, Dan sacrifices Brittany and now is in an "alliance" with frank, dani, and Jenn.

However, we know Dan doesn't like Frank and probably wouldn't do as well next to him at final 2 because frank wins alot.

What's to keep Dan from going back to quack pack and saying "Listen, I didn't want to leave so we had to sacrifice Brittany, but now we can reform QP and we'll have 4 votes to Frank, Jenn, and Joe. We can vote them out. Frank can't compete in the next TWO HoHs so as long as one member of the QP wins HoH, they can vote out Frank, Jenn, and Joe."

The only impediment to this is Frank winning Vetos.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #32
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Wow. I was screaming at my tv.

*dan is a very unlikable person to me. After the way he acted during that "ball drop" veto and now how he talked to Danielle. I don't care that it was in the context of his master plan, he's an &$#.
I was rooting for Brittany, but now I want Dan to win it all. He's amazing. No way he could pull that off. I think you have to be cool and emotionless to be a good player. Look how he sat there and took all the abuse from Frank to keep Ian as a double agent. So many of the players can't hold in their tempers or get caught up in friendships--it's every man for himself. And IT'S A GAME. I keep hollering that at the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Frank was helping Britney because he thought they were working together to send Dan home.
This is what I thought. Still stupid after the directions made such a point of no helping or talking. Sooner or later Frank's luck at competitions has to run out.

I do feel sorry for Ian--he's not ready to play with the big boys yet. Just the pretenders like Boogie.
stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #33
pmyers

The best part is that Dan is in a position to do either depending on who wins HOH this week.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #34
mdougie

What about Dan and Ian's renegade alliance? Both are skilled deceivers. Perhaps the are just working the final two deal.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #35
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Watching Dan go to work after leaving the isolation dance party was insane.

* Dan emerges from the room, zombie like.
"OK, Dan went a little nuts in there and is acting like he is going home. That's kinda dumb."
* Dan makes other houseguests cry with his sappy comments.
"Oh I see, he is playing the sympathy card, and playing it hard. Nice effort, but I don't see it working."
* Dan trashes his partner Danielle.
"WTF Dan? Is he planting seeds of doubt about someone everyone thinks is nice?"
* Dan goes up the the HoH room with Frank and a bible.
"This ought to be good..."
* Dan unloads all kinds of secret info on Frank and manipulates him masterfully.
"Holy ****. If he pulls this off..."
* Frank convinces Jen to use the veto on Dan.
"O. M. G. Best move in the history of Big Brother!!" (and we have watched every season)
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #36
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post

"OK, Dan went a little nuts in there and is acting like he is going home. That's kinda dumb."
"Oh I see, he is playing the sympathy card, and playing it hard. Nice effort, but I don't see it working."
* Dan unloads all kinds of secret info on Frank and manipulates him masterfully.
"O. M. G. Best move in the history of Big Brother!!" (and we have watched every season)
Agree about best player IBBH.

My question is in an upcoming season (inevible) Dan: Hero or Villain?
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
please do. I love that stuff.
http://www.realitynation.com/tv-show...heating/18845/

Boogie admits to it in the link above. Joe complained about the cheating in the DR but was told it didn't matter that he cheated because Boogie wasn't going to win anyway, but that wasn't the point. Boogie and Frank were colluding so that Frank would win, not Boogie. Just one more example of production orchestrating everything to protect Frank.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #38
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
What about Dan and Ian's renegade alliance? Both are skilled deceivers. Perhaps the are just working the final two deal.
Dan will bring Dani into final two if he can, the Surgeon alliance, because Dan cuts people up and she sews them back together. She's an absolute rock for him and he'd win over her in jury.

Quote:
Agree about best player IBBH.

My question is in an upcoming season (inevible) Dan: Hero or Villain?
Villain. Hopefully not joined by Ian.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #39
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I used to think Dr. Will was the best player in BB history, but if Dan should win, he's it, hands down. I felt so bad for Danielle, but, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, no way he's throwing her under the bus. Then I realized why he did that. What a brilliant move.

Moral of the story, NEVER give Dan 24 hours alone by himself.

When they first put the coaches into the game, I hated it, but it's worth it to watch Dan play again. He's a master. It looks a lot like he'll be the only coach left standing, and it looked like he might have been the first coach gone if they stuck with coaching. Glad I came back to BB after not watching Rachel most of the year last year.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #40
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
When they first put the coaches into the game, I hated it, ...
I was just thinking about how I hated it as well, but boy has it gotten good.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

There's been very little grumbling and tinfoil hatting in these threads this season. Very refreshing
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #42
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
There's been very little grumbling and tinfoil hatting in these threads this season. Very refreshing
The only tinfoil hatting I did was it seemed contrived to bring the coaches back in the game. But now that it's done, it's luckily become very entertaining.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #43
pmyers

Quote:
I think everybody knows by now how the producers practically dictate and influence everything on this show so there isnt any debate anymore
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #44
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Wow, this might have been the greatest episode in the series history. The machinations the season are epic!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #45
Dnamertz

Dan deserves to win for this move alone. I know most people think Frank will win if he makes it to final 2, but I don't think Frank deserves to win...in my mind, Frank's game was only good enough to get him evicted during what turned out to be the reset week.

The votes were set to evict Frank that week until BB decided to disregard the whole week and not have the eviction at the last minute. Frank failed to veto himself that week, and he (and Boogie) failed to talk him out of getting evicted that week. So, given the fact that he was only saved by the producers...all the comps he wins and all the good moves he makes after that week are irrellevant because he should not still be in the game.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
Donbadabon
Geocacher

No new thread for the 8/30 eviction, so I will add this here as a spoiler text.

Jeff interviewing the latest evicted houseguest:

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #47
tiams

Why didn't you just make a thread?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #48
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Because I don't like threads with just one or two posts in them. I always think certain shows should really be a whole-season thread and not individual episode threads. BB is one of them.

But everyone thinks differently, that is just my O.P.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #49
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
Because I don't like threads with just one or two posts in them. I always think certain shows should really be a whole-season thread and not individual episode threads. BB is one of them.

I agree. Is their a rule that a whole season thread can't be made?
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #50
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Why didn't you just make a thread?
+1
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #51
jcondon

Quote:
The flip side is you have to spoilerize things more.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #52
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Since it's on 3 times per week, I might be behind in watching. Therefore, I like threads for each episode so I can safely read it without worrying about getting spoiled. For shows only on once a week, it's not so much an issue as it'd be rare I'd be more than a week behind in watching.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #53
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think this was probably the first episode without it's own thread, I wonder if because it was delayed by the Republican convention is the reason. I think BB gets enough interest in each thread to warrant every episode to have it's own thread.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #54
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post

I understand you have your opinion, but do you think your preference should inconvience others? While a whole season thread disenfranchises some users, the opposite is not true. Single episode threads have no down side.
None of the BB threads have had had just one or two posts. BB gets a lot of discussion and since it is on 3 times a week people can't always keep current, therefore they are barred from participating in a full season thread. What does a a thread for an episode hurt really? It's not hard for you to create a new when instead of posting a spoiler in the previous one.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #55
tiams

Quote:
I believe that the rule against posting a thread more than 2 hours before a show airs makes whole season threads a rule violation.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #56
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I think this was probably the first episode without it's own thread,
Several episodes this season have not had their own threads.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #57
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I believe that the rule against posting a thread more than 2 hours before a show airs makes whole season threads a rule violation.

There's numerous other "whole season" threads so you're saying all are rule violations? How could I add to a whole season thread with info 2 hours before the show airs????? Unless I am watching Live feeds but that's a different story.

I'm obviously in the minority on this, I just think it makes more sense. And if you aren't "current" on the show then just don't go into the thread. or go into it but pay attention to the dates/times and just don't go past whatever episode you are on. I guess that's too much to ask.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #58
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post

Dan did not need to do all the above. I wouldn't doubt the producers gave him the funeral shtick for some drama to fill the episode. What got him off the block was him outing Ian to Frank at just the right moment.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #59
tiams

Quote:

There's numerous other "whole season" threads so you're saying all are rule violations? How could I add to a whole season thread with info 2 hours before the show airs????? Unless I am watching Live feeds but that's a different story.

I'm obviously in the minority on this, I just think it makes more sense. And if you aren't "current" on the show then just don't go into the thread. or go into it but pay attention to the dates/times and just don't go past whatever episode you are on. I guess that's too much to ask.
Yes, technically Whole Season threads, even though there are plenty of them, do violate the rule.

I never will understand why whole season advocates just disregard the needs of people who aren't current on all episodes. They act as if they are the only ones who matter and don't care about excluding anyone else.