TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #31
GAViewer

I still am confused about one thing from the pilot. If the President was the one the ordered the seals to kill the nuclear expert and plant false evidence that Pakistan was about to use nuclear weapons, so that he could order a first strike, why did the firing orders come to the Colorado on the secondary communication channel? The only reason Marcus didn't immediately obey them was the fact they didn't come on the primary channel.

The only obvious reason is that the writers needed Marcus to question the orders, but I thought they would have come up with some excuse.
GAViewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #32
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

You're assuming that when they wrote the pilot, they had any idea of what the conspiracy consisted of.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAViewer View Post
I still am confused about one thing from the pilot. If the President was the one the ordered the seals to kill the nuclear expert and plant false evidence that Pakistan was about to use nuclear weapons, so that he could order a first strike, why did the firing orders come to the Colorado on the secondary communication channel? The only reason Marcus didn't immediately obey them was the fact they didn't come on the primary channel.

The only obvious reason is that the writers needed Marcus to question the orders, but I thought they would have come up with some excuse.
I'm thinking Plausible Deniability.

If something goes wrong in the plan, the Prez can always come out and say he didn't give the first strike order, since it came on the secondary channel.

I'd bet the orders to the Seals weren't via primary channels either, just in case.

This would have been all addressed if they'd got the full season, but they had to scramble to wrap everything up in the three episodes that hadn't been shot when they got cancelled.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #34
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
I'm thinking Plausible Deniability.

If something goes wrong in the plan, the Prez can always come out and say he didn't give the first strike order, since it came on the secondary channel.

I'd bet the orders to the Seals weren't via primary channels either, just in case.

This would have been all addressed if they'd got the full season, but they had to scramble to wrap everything up in the three episodes that hadn't been shot when they got cancelled.

phox
I wish you were one of the writers, then the show might have made sense. Unfortunately, I think Rob's answer is more correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #35
newsposter
Poster of News

the girl who shot the prez..what position does her dad hold? the other ep with him headed toward air force 1 and this ep mean he's obviously well connected but i never figured out his position

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
the girl who shot the prez..what position does her dad hold? the other ep with him headed toward air force 1 and this ep mean he's obviously well connected but i never figured out his position
I believe he owns the weapons manufacturing company that the daughter shills for.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #37
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
I believe he owns the weapons manufacturing company that the daughter shills for.
And, presumably, the President.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #38
newsposter
Poster of News

so there's more money in arms than being prez...check

one more step to my path to riches

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote