Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

TiVo Dumps Me on Chan 3 Comcast Houston

This is very odd.

I recorded The Office last night, The Return. Part way thru, TiVo dumped me on channel 3 with an EAS test and stopped responding to the remote except for the yellow circle flash on the panel. Eventually I got back control after 15 min or so.

I tried watching the recording again. Same thing - but w/o the EAS. I rebooted.

Then I tried watching the same episode on Netflix. And it happened there too (no EAS).

Update.

TiVo support is saying this is happening on Comcast all over Texas.

This looks like may be a cable card issue where garbage is being sent by Comcast, sometimes garbage looks like CC commands and TiVos don't know how to handle.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
HcRUL

Had the same issue this morning with two Premier units on Xfinity in Houston.

My wife was watching and recording 611, it kept "jumping" over to the content of channel 3 the Spanish station, and while it was showing the channel 3 content the tivo remote only made the bong sound and wouldn't bring up any menus or change channels.

Checked our downstairs unit and it was doing the same thing. Pulled the cable card, waited, reinserted card, and the channels were showing the contents of channel 3. Put the Tivo in and out of standby and functionality returned to normal.
HcRUL is offline   Reply With Quote