TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
BH9244

New User KMTTG DL Troubles

I installed kmttg today in the hope of being able to download to my pc from my 2 premier units. In the past I have used Tivo Desktop and TivoPlaylist both of course now are crippled by the Valentines Day Date Issue, kmttg looks great and filled with features but for now I'd just like to be able to transfer some stuff off for later viewing.

KMTTG seems to successfully identify my two tivos and retrieves their respective now playing lists, problem is when I initate a download its starts off ok but at a point between 5% and 10% of the download it seems to freeze and not progress any further, anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong ?
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
moyekj

I would suspect a firewall and/or Antivirus related problem. Perhaps try enabling java downloads instead:
File->Configure->Program Options->Use java for downloads instead of curl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
aloha_bill

same problem as op but getting
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL
aloha_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
BH9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I would suspect a firewall and/or Antivirus related problem. Perhaps try enabling java downloads instead:
File->Configure->Program Options->Use java for downloads instead of curl
Ok reinstalled and checked off the java option you suggested, now I immediately get a error msg Listing the requested file and end in Tivo Access denied
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9244 View Post
Ok reinstalled and checked off the java option you suggested, now I immediately get a error msg Listing the requested file and end in Tivo Access denied
Is that for downloading, getting listings or both? If you can't get listings either then that's likely missing or invalid MAK setting. Also, do you have Antivirus installed that may be interfering? If so you need to give appropriate permissions to javaw.exe.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
BH9244

Quote:
Is that for downloading, getting listings or both? If you can't get listings either then that's likely missing or invalid MAK setting. Also, do you have Antivirus installed that may be interfering? If so you need to give appropriate permissions to javaw.exe.
Seems to get the listing without a problem, error occurs when I select one of the listed shows and attempt to download .
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
BH9244

Quote:
FWIW, I Disabled both the Anti Virus and the Firewall, same error.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9244 View Post
FWIW, I Disabled both the Anti Virus and the Firewall, same error.
My only other suggestion is try rebooting the TiVo.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha_bill View Post
same problem as op but getting
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL
That's not really the same. But, it sounds like this.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
BH9244

Quote:
My only other suggestion is try rebooting the TiVo.

I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that by reading and actually following your documentation all is now working perfectly. Contrary to your specific caution not to install the program under \Program Files, that's what I had done and likely explains why thing weren't working..

Thanks very much for your efforts as well as tolerence for a newbie..It's a great piece of software and I can't help but feel I had been residing in the stone ages prior to this..
Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
moyekj

Ah yes, Win 7 and beyond "Program Files*" is heavily protected so stay out of there. Glad you figured it out, and RTFM sometimes is useful.