TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #5101
rob4crib

Quote:
Originally Posted by armooo View Post
pyTivo lets you stream most videos from your PC to your unhacked TiVo. It uses the HMO server protocol, so no hacking of the TiVo is required.

* It will guess if your video is 4:3 or 16:9 and pad your video if it thinks it is needed (looked good on my tests).
* It will not transcode an mpeg that is supported by your TiVo.
* It will stream TiVo recordings (.tivo).

http://pytivo.armooo.net/

* Master changes
* Subfolder changes
For file conversion I use PAVTUBE, it converts tivo to almost anything
http://www.multipelife.com/free-vide...erter-ultimate

I also use PLEX MEDIA SERVER https://plex.tv/ (I'm guessing the same thing as tivo stream) then stream them to my ipad/phone with anyplace that has a wifi connection or you can use data. The streaming server is free but if you want to physically transfer them onto your portable devices it's like $5.00 month or $150.00 lifetime subscription and the App is $5.00. It works with roku also.

Anybody know of a free commercial editing software? Videoredo works great but I'm just to cheap to spend the money

rob4crib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 AM   #5102
bmille05

I've been trying to find the latest version for the Mac and am going in URL circles. Could someone please post the url for the latest download version for the Mac? The version I have converts everything to a lower resolution than the original version being copied to the Tivo DVR. Thank you in advance!

bmille05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #5103
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmille05 View Post
I've been trying to find the latest version for the Mac and am going in URL circles. Could someone please post the url for the latest download version for the Mac? The version I have converts everything to a lower resolution than the original version being copied to the Tivo DVR. Thank you in advance!
Cut and pasted from wmcbrine's signature line (the author):

http://wmcbrine.com/tivo/

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #5104
Regardie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Hit the link in my sig for pytivo setup help on windows.
The problem with being a long time lurker is this:

Quote:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 7 posts.
So this post will help me get over the incredibly small bar that has been set that I have never cleared.

Regardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #5105
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regardie View Post
The problem with being a long time lurker is this:

So this post will help me get over the incredibly small bar that has been set that I have never cleared.
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...Install#pyTivo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #5106
BankZ

My pyTivo shares are not showing under My Shows anymore. Did the last tivo update break anything for the TiVo Elite?

BankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #5107
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankZ View Post
My pyTivo shares are not showing under My Shows anymore. Did the last tivo update break anything for the TiVo Elite?
No. Did you try restarting pyTivo? It's not unusual for a TiVo to lose track of pyTivo shares after the TiVo restarts (which it does on an update).

As I've said before, the whole system of announcing shares is just kind of flaky. I think I've done what I can to improve it on the pyTivo side, without being able to get into the guts of the TiVo side. At this point, I expect it to remain kind of flaky. Run a clean, solid network, and keep wifi out of the chain between the TiVo and the server, if possible. Restart TiVos and pyTivo when needed.* That's all the advice I've got for you.

* If you restart a TiVo, then you probably should restart pyTivo afterwards, just in general. However, I wouldn't jump to restarting the TiVo right away -- try restarting pyTivo first.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #5108
BankZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
No. Did you try restarting pyTivo? It's not unusual for a TiVo to lose track of pyTivo shares after the TiVo restarts (which it does on an update).

As I've said before, the whole system of announcing shares is just kind of flaky. I think I've done what I can to improve it on the pyTivo side, without being able to get into the guts of the TiVo side. At this point, I expect it to remain kind of flaky. Run a clean, solid network, and keep wifi out of the chain between the TiVo and the server, if possible. Restart TiVos and pyTivo when needed.* That's all the advice I've got for you.

* If you restart a TiVo, then you probably should restart pyTivo afterwards, just in general. However, I wouldn't jump to restarting the TiVo right away -- try restarting pyTivo first.
I am running pytivo in freenas (which is a great setup). I got it working again by using the beacon setting in the config.

BankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #5109
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

BTW, if fiddling with the beacon keyword works for you, that generally means there's something wrong with your network. Its real, intended use rarely comes up.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #5110
synch22

I have some older x.264 mkv files that i transferred a while ago that work just fine. Lately i have been tryng to transfer them and it fails, it shows up in my shows as transferred but there is no content it just fails from the start.

I transfer the mp4 version of the same file and it works just fine (in the description) it shows error h264 file etc like the other one but works.

I am not sure whats going on any fix to this?

I also dont see any push or stream options like I did before owning the roamio, only transfer.

Using Pytivo from my Mac. Thanks

synch22 is offline   Reply With Quote