TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

The Mob Doctor burning off new episodes on Saturdays

With three four episodes of The Mob Doctor left, and only four Mondays left in which to air them - two of which are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve - Fox has decided to burn off episodes 11 and 12 on Saturday nights (12/29 and 1/5) at 9 PM, in place of "Fox's repeat of the week" (which I think is currently Masterchef), and the finale on Monday 1/7. (Fox is airing marathons of its four Tuesday comedies during Christmas week, and a repeat a fourth new episode will air on 12/31.)

A 2-hour Bones airs on 1/14, and The Following premieres in the Monday 9:00 time slot on 1/21.

Last edited by That Don Guy : 12-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
pig_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
With three episodes of The Mob Doctor left, and only four Mondays left in which to air them - two of which are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve - Fox has decided to burn off episodes 11 and 12 on Saturday nights (12/29 and 1/5) at 9 PM, in place of "Fox's repeat of the week" (which I think is currently Masterchef), and the finale on Monday 1/7.
It's actually four episodes, not three, with the additional airing on Dec. 31.
pig_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_man View Post
It's actually four episodes, not three, with the additional airing on Dec. 31.
I stand corrected. I saw ID number "104" for 12/31 and assumed it was a repeat, not realizing that they had jumped from 103 to 105. Based on the description, it may have been intended for New Year's Eve all along.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Fox is sending mixed messages - the commercials for the 1/7 episode call it the "Season Finale", implying there will be a Season 2, but during the 1/5 episode, there was a commercial for "the complete series" on DVD and Blu-Ray.

I know it won't be back, but you would think Fox would have corrected the ad for the next episode. (Then again, didn't Fox do the same thing with Alcatraz's "season finale"?)

Speaking of the finale, I wonder if they made any changes to it when they realized it would be the last episode of the series. For example...
Spoiler:
I don't think they would have revealed that Constantine was Grace's father (which happens in the finale) if there was going to be a second season

Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Speaking of the finale, I wonder if they made any changes to it when they realized it would be the last episode of the series. For example...
Spoiler:
I don't think they would have revealed that Constantine was Grace's father (which happens in the finale) if there was going to be a second season
Waiting for the last episode ar tonight, but wasn't that readily apparent if not confirmed from the start of the series?

At any rate we enjoyed the run, but the cliches and standard-issue plot devices certainly weakened what could have been a much better show.

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote