TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
cadillacactor

Bright House Indiana Tuning Adapter issues...PLEASE SAVE US!!

After perusing the "suggested" threads at thread creation, I still need to go ahead and post this. (YAY my first post on the forums)

We have a Tivo HD (Series 3) and just upgraded to Bright House Indiana's standard and digital packages from basic. However, I'm about to just cut ties with them altogether.

We already had a cableCARD installed for a couple years on the basic programming, but after three weeks of fiddling with it on the new channels they finally informed me that I needed a tuning adapter (no wonder it wouldn't work). A tech (private contractor) came out to install that, but since then I still am having trouble.

I can see the channels when I go to them and in the guide on my Tivo (DISNHD, ABCHD, etc). But the Tivo won't download any program information. Every channel (HD or SD) beyond the local channels and basic package channels say no information available in the guide. Therefore, I can record nothing. Not only am I getting charged for a month of service without actually getting it, my wife is worried that Duck Dynasty will be starting soon without being able to record it.

After multiple calls to the service department, many hours on hold, and three different techs at the house in the past month, Bright House has informed me it is the fault of the Tivo and not their signal. So they're not going to do anything more to help.

Now, I'm pretty technically proficient, but whatever is wrong is beyond me. Granted, I should have researched this more before just barging ahead with Bright House and moving up their food chain. But I didn't.

Could you please point me in the direction of a "how-to" for personally installing the adapter or give me some advice to get this figured out? I'm at a loss and ready to jump ship over to Dish for their free Hopper DVR promotion. But I'd much rather just figure it out and stick with Bright House. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jeff Brady
cadillacactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Re-run Guided setup for the new change.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
cadillacactor

Thanks ThAbtO. I'll give that a shot and report back later. The simplest things are often the solution. Frustrated I hadn't thought of that before...
cadillacactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
mcphill

I have Brighthouse and live in Zionsville. It DOES work with a Tuning adapter, but the hit and miss of their hardware is horrible. Many of their cable cards simply don't work, and the tuning adapters sometimes are broken too. They had to come out 4 times to hook up a second TiVo for me. They have very few techs that know what a TiVo is, and the ones that do admit Brighthouse doesn't know squat about them (the tech's call Time Warner Cable for troubleshooting tips!). Keep on Brighthouse, it can be made to work. Make SURE they send a tech that DOES know TiVo's, and if they send one that doesn't ask him to call in support from one that does.
mcphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Teeps

I had similar problems with S3 OLED and time warner when they started adding hd channels, then again when the tuning adapter was shoved down our throats.

In both instances the problem was caused by the coax cable and/or signal health.
So make sure the incoming cable from the utility pole to the tuning adapter is good.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote