TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

We're going to see some Evil Bobby now, as he discovers that he's more like J.R. than he thought.

My goodness, but none of the stars and featured players from the original series has aged well, have they? I wonder what Victoria Principal looks like now.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
We're going to see some Evil Bobby now, as he discovers that he's more like J.R. than he thought.

My goodness, but none of the stars and featured players from the original series has aged well, have they? I wonder what Victoria Principal looks like now.
Do you look like you did 30 years ago?

As far as Victoria, she looked ok when she recorded her infomercials.

As far as Bobby goes, they really shouldn't do that, over the long run, he always needs to come back to be "good". That character was the conscience of the show.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #33
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I'd say the ones who have aged well start and stop with Patrick Duffy (perhaps Linda Gray, but she's obviously had some work done). Steve Kanaly doesn't look too bad either....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #34
zalusky

I have always seen Bobby as the Miss Ellie and JR as the Jock. They have been toying with Sue Ellen going the way of JR but she has never had the devilish smile JR had. I guess we will have to see what the JR letters, will, and other stuff brings. I had read the interview with Cynthia Cidre on what they had planned the cliffhanger to be and had to change as a result of Hagmans passing.
Hopefully the new path has some legs.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
zalusky

There is a long list of missing people that I would have expected at the funeral:
1) First and foremost - JR's secretary Sly (I guess they tried).
2) Cally's son by JR - does he know?
3) JR's illegitimate son
4) Donna Krebbs
5) All the competing oil barron's (they are probably all dead).

I also kind of expected them to show the other gravestones a little more to heighten the family legacy.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #36
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I have a person in mind who killed J.R. It's out there, and they wont do it, but who knows.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #37
Langree
The Gimp

I was pulling up some info for my buddy who owns the Lambo, looked at Mitch Pileggi's (Harris Ryland) IMDB.

He was in the original Dallas for BBQ 4 (1983) then as a recurring character in 1990 (Morrisey) during the "April" arc.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
I have a person in mind who killed J.R. It's out there, and they wont do it, but who knows.
What's Mary Crosby up to? They should have her come back to finish the job she failed at the first time.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #39
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
What's Mary Crosby up to? They should have her come back to finish the job she failed at the first time.
Kristen died.

Quote:
After trying to blackmail J.R. into more hush money for their baby, Kristin was found floating dead in the Southfork swimming pool by Cliff Barnes. However, J.R., who was seen standing over a broken balcony railing at the time of Kristin's death, was relieved of any charges in her death when her death was ruled an accident by the coroner, who found that Kristin was high on drugs and accidentally ran off the balcony to her own death.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #40
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Kristen died.
When has that ever stopped them?
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #41
DouglasPHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
When has that ever stopped them?

DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #42
Langree
The Gimp

Dallas renewed for season 3!

We never talked about the last few episodes.

"JR's Master Plan" was awesome. They did Hagman proud.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
zalusky

Took them long enough. I wonder what kind of negotiations were going on under the tables. I enjoy the new drama style. The soap boards are somewhat immature wanting it look the same and complaining about the showrunner Cynthia Cidre.

I think she did an admirable job changing the entire second half of the season over the holidays. I like the tighter story telling. They don't let things hang in the air.

The next question is when and how many episodes!

Last edited by zalusky : 04-30-2013 at 03:00 PM.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #44
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Here's an aside that I never realized, but is pretty cool. The first gig the actor who played Bum...

had was in Robocop. He was Mr. Kinney.

My only beef was they were trying so hard at the "Who killed JR?" thing, trying to give it the gravitas of "Who shot JR?" It just didn't work for me.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #45
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
The next question is when and how many episodes!
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #46
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
Early next year.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #47
zalusky

Looks like they are following the same plan for next year and are OK with winter competition versus summer.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #48
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Here's an aside that I never realized, but is pretty cool. The first gig the actor who played Bum...

had was in Robocop. He was Mr. Kinney.

My only beef was they were trying so hard at the "Who killed JR?" thing, trying to give it the gravitas of "Who shot JR?" It just didn't work for me.

Greg
ROFLMAO! I never made the connection...
Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #49
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
ROFLMAO! I never made the connection...
Yeah, I was reading an article about him a few weeks ago, about his love for the show when it was originally on and how excited he was to be on the new Dallas, then in total shock that he would be "the one". He had a big party with his friends and family for the season finale but didn't tell them. That must have been tough.

In the same article, there was one line that said he made his debut in Robocop, but I didn't remember him. As it turns out, I do.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #50
craftassistant
Have knife....

I didn't see the John Ross ending coming unless I totally missed something about the chick scheming with John Ross. Can't wait till season 3

Providing Resources for those in the nanny industry

craftassistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #51
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftassistant View Post
I didn't see the John Ross ending coming unless I totally missed something about the chick scheming with John Ross. Can't wait till season 3
Well they'd messed around earlier in the season....and of course, he IS JR's son....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #52
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Well they'd messed around earlier in the season....and of course, he IS JR's son....
Just like Tony Soprano - It's business! The question will be whether Pamela fits in that camp and they make a good pair.