TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
naranja

Sold Tivo w/Lifetime but Still on My Acct.

I sold a lifetime tivo on craigslist a while back and just logged into my online account and it is still there. I can see their season passes, to do lists etc. I called tivo to have it removed and was told that only the new owner could do that by creating an account. I have no way to contact them. I suppose I could call tivo and create a new account with bogus info, or start messing with the season passes etc hoping the new owner will call tivo. Anybody have any luck getting tivo to remove a dvr in a similar situation or have a suggestion?

Thanks
naranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
dilbert27

Schedule the tivo to record alot of p0rn they would probably call tivo then to ask why its happening.
dilbert27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naranja View Post
I sold a lifetime tivo on craigslist a while back and just logged into my online account and it is still there. I can see their season passes, to do lists etc. I called tivo to have it removed and was told that only the new owner could do that by creating an account. I have no way to contact them. I suppose I could call tivo and create a new account with bogus info, or start messing with the season passes etc hoping the new owner will call tivo. Anybody have any luck getting tivo to remove a dvr in a similar situation or have a suggestion?

Thanks
I used to have a couple I sold on my account like that. Eventually they switched it to their account.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
LifeIsABeach

I have two friends I have pruchsed lifetime TiVo for on my account. Neither has bothered to created their own account. Not sure either knows enough to realize they can even do that.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:

Thanks
That (bolded above) should get his attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert27 View Post
Schedule the tivo to record alot of p0rn
And daytime soap operas, infomercials, etc.

Maybe he'll post here asking why his TiVo is recording crap all of a sudden.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
trip1eX

call up again. I sold a Tivo and the guy put a warranty on it and it was charged to me. IT took a few calls and waiting on the phone to get it resolved.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
P42

I had that same problem, except I was the guy buying the Tivo. Support we're not able to resolve the issue and suggested I pay the prior owner for the warranty. Granted this was a minor issue for me, as he was a co-worker - but it is disappointing their system can't handle this correctly. It left me wondering what else I could have changed
P42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:

Thanks
Did you tell them what to do and how to do it? I still have two S1 boxes on my account that the new owners refused to transfer and Tivo refuses to remove. One other thing you can do is to uncheck the boxes that allow video transfers and downloads.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
replaytv
elects "cold sleep"

They might have bought the Tivos only with in mind to sell them at a higher price, or only because they needed them temporarily, as is a guy in another thread. I have over 10 lifetime tivos with only one on my account because they are all for sale. I plan to keep 3 of them, but which ones that I keep depends on which Tivos sell. I always keep at least two lifetime TiVos at my significant others house too.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
naranja

Thanks for the feedback. I had settled on letting it ride since I rarely visit Tivo on line but then this talk of getting warranty charges raises concerns. I checked to see if I had a credit card associated with this Tivo and got this message: "We're sorry, you are not the billing contact for this TiVo Service Number, so you cannot change the credit card..." I bought it used myself so I'm guessing it's the previous owner? Anyway, that's encouraging and I think I'll also give another try getting it removed via online chat or email so I have a record I can print. I turned off transfers and downloads and if it' still there in another month or so maybe I'll try something else.
naranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
aaronwt
HD Addict

The problem is, even when they remove it from the account where you can make changes to it, the box will still show up on the list of TiVos(You can't make any changes or view any info, but they still show up in the account list and TiVo can't remove them).

I still have seventeen TiVos showing up on my account list. I've had this problem for years and the only way for them to fix it is to move my current boxes to a new account. But to do that they have to create a new MAK. And with the new MAK, old recordings can't be viewed any more from TiVo Desktop. It was a PITA with my recordings the last time my MAK was changed by a CSR and I don't want to go through all that again.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
SugarBowl

I sold a series 3 with lifetime about 2 years ago and it still shows under the 'active dvrs' on my account. I can't however select it when browsing the dvr specific sections (season pass, tv listings, etc.)
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote