TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
Epistuff

N30 error, help a noob here :)

Hello, new guy here with a problem. I am on RCN in the Lehigh Valley PA area. I have an HD RCN Tivo premiere Quad in the main TV area and a smaller box that I think they call a "tivo preview"?? in the bedroom. The issue now is with the smaller box. It has an error or it that says "N30, no internet connection" and it also just has a blank screen that says "searching for cable signal".
Both boxes did this yesterday, power cycling the main unit took care of its problem, but power cycling the smaller box did not fix it. What would be my next logical step to fix it? Also, on the smaller unit when I go to "settings" it is asking for a password. I don't ever remember setting up a password for this box. How do I reset that??
Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by Epistuff : 01-01-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Epistuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Epistuff

For those who read the above issue, I have it resolved. Had a bad connection at the splitter in the basement for this TV connection. I replaced the cable end connector and now have connectivity and all functions now work with the smaller Tivo preview box. So, that was the issue.
In addition, the password was set to a default by the cable company when they installed the service last year. They set it to 2766 in case that helps anybody else in my area. No idea where they got that number from though. I had to call RCN and ask them. They said try 0000. That did not work, then they said try 2766 and that worked. Go figure.
Epistuff is offline   Reply With Quote