TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #7411
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
1) I don't want all those options when accessing the web server from outside my home. Can I just delete the HTML files for the options I don't want from the web directory? I don't want options which can change/delete files/settings on tivo. My concerns include letting family members access the server as well as "issues" with large thumbs and small screens.
Probably easiest thing to do is edit "index.html" and remove or comment out links you don't want people to get to.

Quote:
2) Any consensus as to what bitrate is appropriate at different bandwidths? Ay idea what bitrate tivo (stream or roamano) uses when streaming outside our home network?
For Stream downloads these are the resolutions and bit rates:
Basic: 544x400 @ 800 Kbps
Medium: 960x540 @ 1.24 Mbps
High: 1280x720 @ 2.24 Mbps
For OOH streaming the bitrate is variable up to 2.24 Mbps but a TiVo proxy server is used which seems to limit top bitrate to ~1.85 Mbps.

kmttg is keeping same resolution as source and you can choose a fixed bit rate from web page to use (changing bit rate also proportionally changes ffmpeg quality factor in my implementation).

Quote:
3) I'm a FiOS customer with an actiontec router. I can access the KMTTG remotely if I use the DMZ option for my computers IP address. Is there a more conservative way of doing it? I thought port triggering would work but I'm either mistaken or don't know what to select.
Using DMZ is a bad option since it opens up all ports. You should do selective port forwarding only. Every router is different so I can't give specific instructions on how to do it, but you just have to forward port 8181 on WAN side to IP:8181 of computer running kmttg on LAN side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #7412
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

I've always tried to use port triggering, versus port forwarding, but never got the triggering to work on any router, most seem to have both. Port triggering doesn't just leave ports open, without the LAN side opening it first, which would seem to make it useless for these purposes.

Perhaps I should just say "Make sure you are using port forwarding."

The DMZ option is a bad idea, unless double NAT'd. Even placing a VOIP adapter in DMZ let the chinese and russians take down my VOIP service (which could easily open up an attack vector to the rest of my LAN side devices).
Old 11-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #7413
reneg

Commercials not detected with Videoredo V5 & kmttg

I installed the Videoredo V5 beta and now when I run kmttg, commercials are not detected. I reported this on the Videoredo V5 beta forum as I thought it was a VideoRedo bug, but everything they suggested I try on standalone Videoredo V5 worked and commercials were detected.

Scene markers show up when I open the vPrj file after running addetect under kmttg, but no commercial start and end points are set. This worked fine with Videoredo V4, just not V5.

Link to Videoredo V5 Beta forum post: http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...kmttg&p=116521

I'm running kmttg v1.1g; Under kmttg Videoredo tab, I have the following options checked:
Enable VideoRedo
Use VideoRedo Adscan instead of comskip
Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commericals
Show VideoRedo encoding profiles
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #7414
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

To take a break from "this isn't working" and "I'd like this function", I just want to give moyekj another & Thank You, for writing, maintaining, updating, improving, and supporting his software, which is available to all, free of charge.

IMNSHO, you do your thing, better than TiVo often does with the software running on the TiVos we use it on, or especially their pathetic website.

Is there even anything left, TiVo Desktop (free, or paid version) can do, that kmttg cant?
Old 11-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #7415
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Is there even anything left, TiVo Desktop (free, or paid version) can do, that kmttg cant?
There are some things that kmttg cannot do by itself. but when used in conjunction with pyTivo then no, nothing of which I am aware.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #7416
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I installed the Videoredo V5 beta and now when I run kmttg, commercials are not detected. I reported this on the Videoredo V5 beta forum as I thought it was a VideoRedo bug, but everything they suggested I try on standalone Videoredo V5 worked and commercials were detected.

Scene markers show up when I open the vPrj file after running addetect under kmttg, but no commercial start and end points are set. This worked fine with Videoredo V4, just not V5.

Link to Videoredo V5 Beta forum post: http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...kmttg&p=116521

I'm running kmttg v1.1g; Under kmttg Videoredo tab, I have the following options checked:
Enable VideoRedo
Use VideoRedo Adscan instead of comskip
Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commericals
Show VideoRedo encoding profiles
Looks like VRD5 doesn't like setting of certain AdScan parameters (I noticed in VRD sample scripts they are commented out). So do the following to fix the problem:
Edit VRDScripts\adscan.vbs file and change these lines:
FROM
VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 0, false
VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 1, false
TO
'VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 0, false
'VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 1, false

Adding the leading ' indicates a comment line.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #7417
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Looks like VRD5 doesn't like setting of certain AdScan parameters (I noticed in VRD sample scripts they are commented out). So do the following to fix the problem:
Edit VRDScripts\adscan.vbs file and change these lines:
FROM
VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 0, false
VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 1, false
TO
'VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 0, false
'VideoReDo.AdScanSetParameter 1, false

Adding the leading ' indicates a comment line.
That worked. Thanks for the quick fix.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #7418
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
To take a break from "this isn't working" and "I'd like this function", I just want to give moyekj another & Thank You, for writing, maintaining, updating, improving, and supporting his software, which is available to all, free of charge.

IMNSHO, you do your thing, better than TiVo often does with the software running on the TiVos we use it on, or especially their pathetic website.

I don't normally respond to such posts, but I do appreciate them, so thanks. What I appreciate even more is when people respond to questions/problems in this thread so I don't have to step in and do it all the time.

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #7419
moyekj

v1.1h version released

v1.1h version is now released.

* Web server cache dir is now configurable - option added to Configuration->Web tab.
* Share browser option is now available under Configuration->Web tab to only show video files instead of all files.
* Fix to VRDscripts/adscan.vbs file to work properly with VRD 5.

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #7420
bjprince1211

Basic Question

I have a very basic question, and with almost 250 pages in this thread and enough techno-language to make my head spin, I thought I'd just ask. I have an old Series 4 that I am upgrading to a Tivo Roamio Plus. All I want to do is transfer all of the shows I have saved on my old Tivo onto my new one so I don't lose them (I'm sure there are many other cool things I can do with kmttg, but that is my bare minimum goal at this point). So far I have been able to download and install kmttg, and I can see all my shows listed. I think I started transferring one show by clicking on "start jobs" while the show was selected, although it was pretty darn slow so I wanted to check before I take the time to do this with all of my shows to be certain that I can in fact move them to my new Tivo when it arrives. Am I at least on the right track?
bjprince1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #7421
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjprince1211 View Post
All I want to do is transfer all of the shows I have saved on my old Tivo onto my new one so I don't lose them
You don't need any software to do that. Just hook up both TiVos to the same network, and you can transfer directly between them. (Just don't cancel service on the old one before the transfer.)

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #7422
wuzznuubi

New Share Browser

Really like the new Web server functionality that was added. I've been playing around with it and ran into a problem where it wasn't displaying some files that the video streaming browse files page did. Turns out if you have a filepath or filename with either a left "[" or right "]" sqaure bracket in the filepath or filename it won't display in the Share Browser but will in the Video Streaming -> Browse Files. Using kmttg v1.1h on Win7-64. Otherwise I'm enjoying the added functionality. Thanks.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote