TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #451
astrohip
Stuart F

She was in second going in to FJ. Got it correct, but first place also got it correct, so she remained in second.

Fun contestant!
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #452
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
She was in second going in to FJ. Got it correct, but first place also got it correct, so she remained in second.

Fun contestant!
Yes, she was-and she's a local girl, so fun to watch
Old 12-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #453
trainman
Nice to see you

Some "Jeopardy!"-related information that came out in the Sony hacking, involving Sony's reaction to discovering that CBS's "Thursday Night Football" coverage would be pre-empting "Jeopardy!" (and/or "Wheel of Fortune") on a number of stations. There's also some insider business about the production of an NFL-themed category on "Jeopardy!". I found it all fascinating:

How CBS and the NFL Teamed Up to Screw Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #454
mattack

I opened that but haven't read it yet.. MNF on ABC preempted Jeopardy! for years.. though I found out at one point that at least my local station WAS sliding it from T-Sat instead.. Though sometimes the Sat one was prempted, etc..

Just read it..
From that article:
Create a system or technology…maybe in partnership with DirecTV?…with a sub-channel that provides the viewers total control of what they watch in the event of a preemption. For example, before the start of an NFL Thursday night game in Boston, a menu pops up for WBZ viewers:

There's more in the article. Wow, I honestly didn't realize Jeopardy! and WOF were that highly regarded by Sony. Maybe I should be complaining to Sony when KGO preempts it instead of to KGO.. (My complaints to KGO seemed to eventually at least HELP the issue, since they HAVE been rescheduled lately rather than being preempted..)

I've thought of something like this for a long time. While the article talks about a menu system, I'd just want a separate sub-channel to show the 'regular' programming. It would only work for *scheduled* preemptions (e.g. sports), and you'd need your SPs to be set for All Channels..

Heck, I've said I'd watch Jeopardy *online with ads* the times it was preempted, if that were available, but it's not.

Last edited by mattack : 12-12-2014 at 10:47 PM.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #455
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Some "Jeopardy!"-related information that came out in the Sony hacking, involving Sony's reaction to discovering that CBS's "Thursday Night Football" coverage would be pre-empting "Jeopardy!" (and/or "Wheel of Fortune") on a number of stations. There's also some insider business about the production of an NFL-themed category on "Jeopardy!". I found it all fascinating:

How CBS and the NFL Teamed Up to Screw Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
Thanks for posting. Read the entire thread. Seems to me the bottom line is football people (whether NFL or CBS) don't give a f\/ck about anything but themselves and their sacred football. And will screw over anything and everybody to rule the world.

But we already knew that...
Old 12-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #456
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Thanks for posting. Read the entire thread. Seems to me the bottom line is football people (whether NFL or CBS) don't give a f\/ck about anything but themselves and their sacred football. And will screw over anything and everybody to rule the world.

But we already knew that...
And we wonder why their players beat their wives and children and murder people.

(bunch of thugs. Just some are wearing ties and jackets.)

Last edited by waynomo : 12-13-2014 at 02:47 AM.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #457
busyba
The Funcooker

Helicopter parent of Kids Week contestant is such a whiny twit that Trebek mulls retirement.

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/...us-weekly.html

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #458
busyba
The Funcooker

Oops. I think I made a typo above....

Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #459
astrohip
Stuart F

That article has 5,359 comments. WTF!?!
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #460
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
That article has 5,359 comments. WTF!?!
I wonder if any support the mom.

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #461
boywaja
Splendid Isolation

Watching the dismisal in S2014E211 S31 Kids Week, Day 3, it seems perfunctory, but nothing that required retaping.

I think the mother was upset about what he said to open day 4 and that is what they wanted him to reshoot. Or he offers to reshoot. "If you all think I should retape the opening, I will"

day 4 open -- http://youtu.be/6i7c6n7dtsY?t=1m

As I understand it the girl was in the audience for this (as its filmed the same day).
I can see where that would sting a bit with the wound so fresh. But I see nothing wrong in what he said. For those who wont watch the video it was basically "you dont always win and you learn to deal with it"
boywaja is offline   Reply With Quote