TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
KCAC

Where are the Amazon Movies?

A dumb question, but where do the Amazon movies get stored once you rent them? I have rented a couple now and pay for them through my Amazon account through TiVo and it says they will be downloaded within 30 mins. But where? I have searched though every TiVo screen site and the Amazon site through TiVo and cannot find how to find the movies once I rent and they download.

Thanks for any help!
KCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

They should show up individually and also in the "Amazon" folder. Did you purchase online or though the Tivo console? It's VERY slow if you do so though the Tivo, for some reason it's 20 times faster if you login online, go to Amazon, register/link your Tivo and then you can tell it to download from the web browser.

My first movie I bought though Amazon took over 7 hours to download when I didn't know about the speed issue, everything since I have bought or rented I have donw online and it's took less than 30 minutes for HD content.

Should look like this (I'm downloading "Zombieland"):

Last edited by eboydog : 04-21-2014 at 07:58 PM.
eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
KCAC

Amazon or TiVo Issue?

Eboy...Thanks for the reply. However, I had looked there and just looked again as I had rented the last movie this Sunday. I have my shows by date but I also checked by Alpha and "Catch 22", which is not available on Netflix is not there and I assume when you say the Amazon site you mean the "Amazon Instant Video" site. Also, if one took 7 hours to download, how is that instant video? Have any others had issues downloading Amazon Movies on TiVo? It clearly takes my Pin #, confirms my purchase and says the movie will be "downloaded within 30 mins.", so Amazon is not instant video like Netflix, plus they overcharge imo. I do not mind paying $3.99 sometimes for a video that I cannot find quickly elsewhere but how can Amazon or TiVo call it "instant" when the Amazon site on TiVo says "up to 30 mins to download, when Netflix takes 30 secs. I see little use for Amazon Instant video, and might as well buy an old DVD movie from the Amazon on-line store as I have the premium membership which is free shipping
Old 04-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCAC View Post
......... Have any others had issues downloading Amazon Movies on TiVo?.........
Sure:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508113
You should complain to both Amazon and TiVo --- who knows? It might do some good. The direct number (bypassing tedious menus) to Amazon Instant Video support is: 877-442-1958. I've found them to be accommodating at removing or crediting charges when there is a problem with a video.

Seven hours is not normal. But as you can see in the linked thread it can happen, or even worse, a bad download or one that fails to complete in even 24 hours.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
KCAC

Expired Card

My issue was my fault, it turns out my credit card had expired and my Amazon Account is linked to a very old e mail account that I seldom check. Amazon is working on a fix that alerts you on the device you order from if there is an issue so that we are not looking for a download that could not go through because of some problem.

I called their number, found out the issue and updated card info and the HD movie I had ordered downloaded Very fast. I am using the coax connection from FIOS and have their basic speed internet and the download was in my shows within 3 minutes.