TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Bob Coxner
Registered User
 
Bob Coxner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,626
New cast member for Community next season

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...oins-community

First the don Gus Fring dropped into Community — now his man Mike Ehrmantraut is giving Greendale a try. As EW reports, Breaking Bad’s Jonathan Banks will show up in 11 episodes of Community’s fifth season as "Pat Nichols, an intense criminology professor with a mysterious background in military and police work. … [Banks] makes his first appearance in the second episode of the season when Annie (Alison Brie) enrolls in his class." Theory: Slowly but surely, Dan Harmon is recruiting every notable Breaking Bad cast member — Walt, Jesse, Gomey, Badger, the dude with the eyebrows at the car wash — to his show, so that by the end of Community’s sixth season (and/or its movie), he'll be able to reveal his grand, subtly rolled out homage to the greatest meth drama of our generation. Things are gonna get pretty meta.
__________________
Sceptre 40" X405BV-FHD3
Sony 34" HD KD34XBR970
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...oins-community

First the don Gus Fring dropped into Community — now his man Mike Ehrmantraut is giving Greendale a try. As EW reports, Breaking Bad’s Jonathan Banks will show up in 11 episodes of Community’s fifth season as "Pat Nichols, an intense criminology professor with a mysterious background in military and police work. … [Banks] makes his first appearance in the second episode of the season when Annie (Alison Brie) enrolls in his class." Theory: Slowly but surely, Dan Harmon is recruiting every notable Breaking Bad cast member — Walt, Jesse, Gomey, Badger, the dude with the eyebrows at the car wash — to his show, so that by the end of Community’s sixth season (and/or its movie), he'll be able to reveal his grand, subtly rolled out homage to the greatest meth drama of our generation. Things are gonna get pretty meta.
Ugggh!! Really? If it gets TOO Breaking Bad meta, they might completely lose me.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,762
I love Banks. One of the best character actors out there, in my opinion. I was really happy to see him get a nice meaty role in Breaking Bad. Community kind of sucked last season, but I'm hoping it will return to form with Harmon back at the wheel.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
MarkusH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 15
I'm really curious about the next season of Community. Four was awful, so it will interesting to see how Harmon's going to handle damage control, especially without Chase, and Glover only back for five episodes.

As much as I'd love to see six seasons and a movie, I kind of hope this is the last. Let the series end on a high note.
MarkusH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusH View Post
I'm really curious about the next season of Community. Four was awful, so it will interesting to see how Harmon's going to handle damage control, especially without Chase, and Glover only back for five episodes.

As much as I'd love to see six seasons and a movie, I kind of hope this is the last. Let the series end on a high note.
I actually didn't think it was totally bad. I think there were more misses than hits, but it wasn't a suckfest.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
MarkusH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 15
Quote:
I actually didn't think it was totally bad. I think there were more misses than hits, but it wasn't a suckfest.
What annoyed me about it was it's lack if imagination. The first three seasons were so inventive. Instead of continuing that, four felt like it was re-hashing what came before. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh about the whole thing. I got as far as puppet episode, and decided it wasn't for me.
MarkusH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Ugggh!! Really? If it gets TOO Breaking Bad meta, they might completely lose me.
errrr. no, not really
__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
errrr. no, not really
Well not being a fan of Breaking Bad, for me, it would mean a lot over my head. I get bored with those episodes where the whole thing is meta and I'm the outside of the joke. But I'm probably in the minority. That's why I said, they'd lose ME.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |