Hi everyone. I'm new here to the forums and can't find this question asked before on here. I could use all the help I could get.
I recently dropped DirecTV and have been receiving only live TV via digital antenna bunny ears for months. I'm finding it harder and harder to be okay with having to watch my shows live because I'm unable to record them and I hate that I can't pause and rewind live tv. I'm looking into buying a used TiVo on eBay. I have some questions about functionality.
I'm looking at a Series3 (service number starts with 652), and I understand that this unit IS compatible with OTA digital antenna WITHOUT needing a converter box.
1) Is this correct?
2) With digital antenna as my ONLY input on a Series3, can I still record 2 shows at a time and watch one that's already recorded? Or is it different? What are the limitations when using antenna only?
3) If I went with a Series2 instead (service number starting with 540), I would still need a converter box, right?
4) Series2 is not HD, right?
5) How many shows at once on antenna only on a Series2?
6) Is there a different series of TiVo you think would work better for me using digital antenna instead of Series3 (or Series2)?
Thanks for any info you guys can share.