TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #61
ajwees41

v68 MRS error returns and everything else works can browse web videos and other web related content. It's almost like the box loses ip address with wireless bridge
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #62
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
v68 MRS error returns and everything else works can browse web videos and other web related content. It's almost like the box loses ip address with wireless bridge
TiVo has a firmware update for the bridge, you can force that update by using a computer with the bridge, the firmware update is on TiVos web sight. The TiVo bridge should update itself after a time in normal use but if it not working at 100% the update may have a problem installing itself. I had a problem when i first got my N adapters, so I manual updated them but that did not solve the problem so i sent back the adapter that was giving me problems and the new one worked great without the update, I checked on it a month later and the update had been installed. (to check on the firmware just enter the IP address of the bridge (that is not the TiVo IP address) and one will get a status screen of the N adapter with the current firmware as shown below.)

Status information

Connection status:

Connected

Network name:

home5Ghz

Channel:

Passphrase:

Security mode:

WPA2

Hardware version:

FF03

Firmware version:

V1.1.E1

MAC address:

00:119:41:3E:B6

Note: The TiVo Wireless N Adapter will retain its settings even if powered down.If you need to reconfigure your adapter,it must first be reset to factory defaults!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #63
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
TiVo has a firmware update for the bridge, you can force that update by using a computer with the bridge, the firmware update is on TiVos web sight. The TiVo bridge should update itself after a time in normal use but if it not working at 100% the update may have a problem installing itself. I had a problem when i first got my N adapters, so I manual updated them but that did not solve the problem so i sent back the adapter that was giving me problems and the new one worked great without the update, I checked on it a month later and the update had been installed. (to check on the firmware just enter the IP address of the bridge (that is not the TiVo IP address) and one will get a status screen of the N adapter with the current firmware as shown below.)

Status information

Connection status:

Connected

Network name:

home5Ghz

Channel:

Passphrase:

Security mode:

WPA2

Hardware version:

FF03

Firmware version:

V1.1.E1

MAC address:

00:119:41:3E:B6

Note: The TiVo Wireless N Adapter will retain its settings even if powered down.If you need to reconfigure your adapter,it must first be reset to factory defaults!

Not using the TiVo bridge, but setting static Ip address worked.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote