TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Dan203
Super Moderator

WTF... Missed recording because "account closed"

So last night I went to go watch The Daily Show and I noticed it was missing. I go over to the the History and it says the show was not recorded because my account was closed and I needed to call TiVo to reactivate. This TiVo has lifetime service and the show immediately after it, The Colbert Report, recorded just fine. Has anyone else ever seen this error? Luckily this show repeats several times, so it was no big deal, but had that been an important network show I'd have been mad.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Never seen it myself, but I have read of at least two other instances via this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Mahty

Similar thing happened to me last weekend.

My Lifetimed TiVo S3 showed a message saying that I needed to activate the device. I called TiVo and the knowledgeable rep had me look at the Status Level. It was "A: -" (no quotes). He then asked me to initiate a couple of back-to-back connections to the TiVo service, then do a menu-initiated restart of the device, and then recommended doing another service connection or two. Everything seemed to be back to normal after that, with the Status Level eventually reading something like "C: 020513" (no quotes).

It sounded to me like the rep was surprised that this was the first time I'd had this issue.
Mahty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
newsposter
Poster of News

uh oh, someone cloned your IEMI

there are always torrents

i had acct closed on my HDtivo before..real PITA it was

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

It's a Premiere. Aren't they unhackable? How would someone clone anything from/to an unhackable device?

And the weirdest part is that it didn't even require a reboot to fix. The show immediately following recorded just fine. Unless my daily call happened to fall in between those two shows (30 min ea) then this seems to have been more of a momentary glitch in the software and not an actual account problem.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
ScottP461

I have 3 XL's, all with lifetime service. One day, a couple of weeks ago, one of them lost all DVR functionality; all it could do was tune channels in real time. There was no guide data either. I don't remember what the specific message was when I looked at the guide, but I believe it said that I wasn't authorized. When I checked system information, everything looked fine. I finally did a reboot and everything returned to normal, no problems since then. Just a hiccup, I guess!
ScottP461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
newsposter
Poster of News

how many days unhooked does it take to deauthorize an account i wonder?

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
shamilian

A few days ago one of my Tivos with lifetime went claimed it needed to be activated.
It said it had lifetime but the service level went from C: to A:...

I called and it seems Tivo has some more bugs... Lifetime units sometimes glitch when they call in and the Tivo forgets that it has already been activated. According to the tech the fix is to force 2 calls and reboot.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...48#post9473548
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Arcady
Stargate Fan

This must be a very recent problem. There's been multiple reports the last two weeks. I never heard of this happening before that.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
ltxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
Yep, but if you reconnect it should come back/restore. Had this happen with the lifetime 12+ year old S1 I use as basis for dirt cheap MSD on a couple of S3s when the phone numbers it was using went out of service. Reconnected it through updated numbers and all went back to as was.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote