TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #31
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Starving people are usually boring people. I think that's the reason they stopped making food a huge part of the show.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #32
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Yeah they used to have it a lot rougher with the food... I remember in that Outback season, Elisabeth Hasselbeck's hair was falling out from malnutrition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Starving people are usually boring people. I think that's the reason they stopped making food a huge part of the show.
Exactly. They had some contestants get very dangerously sick because of malnutrition, and starving people are lethargic, so they make poor strategic discussions, poor challenge performances, and ultimately, poor TV personalities.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think the Outback was by far the worst but I think most have been the same, although I think there were a couple that food wasn't a problem.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #34
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
This, I'm glad Colton & Alicia's hate club was broken up so we could watch some strategy... this game is Kim's to lose right now.
I almost wish Colton would have stayed around long enough for Kim to chew him up and spit him out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
True except this season is probably the most boring group of players yet.

Do it yourself challenges are dumb. Maybe Probst had to jet off somewhere for a couple of days but this challenge was boring (fits in with the season I guess). Testicle toss, yawn.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #36
latrobe7
Just one more thing

What an idiot tool Jay is.
latrobe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #37
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'm torn on whether Jay was stupid for telling Kim about Troy's HII or not. On one hand, if he doesn't tell her, then there are five votes for Troy and three for Jay. Troy plays his Idol and Jay goes home. But because he did tell her, they switched their votes and put the majority on Jay, so he was going home either way.

I think the part that surprised me the most is that even Jay and Troy were not able to get on the same page. It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but they're talking before TC about what to do. Troy shows off the Idol. They're clearly both in a tough spot. Then they get to TC and they vote for different people? That makes no sense to me. The ONLY possible chance they had to make some waves was to get on the same page and then get Leif, Tarzan and someone else to vote with them as well. Yet they couldn't even get the two of them to vote the same, let alone get anyone else to vote with them. In fact, the four remaining guys voted for three different people. It's no wonder the guys are getting decimated this season.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #38
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
There's more afoot than the producers are telling us. The women have this "all-woman alliance", but some of the men keep voting exactly as they do. I don't think it's coincidence.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #39
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
There's more afoot than the producers are telling us. The women have this "all-woman alliance", but some of the men keep voting exactly as they do. I don't think it's coincidence.
This was the first episode where they've shown us that Leif and Tarzan are taking voting instructions from Kim. That was a surprise. I wonder what they think the arrangement is? Does Kim maybe want to blindside someone in her alliance and bring Tarzan with her to the finals, because he's unlikely to get any votes?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #40
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
This was the first episode where they've shown us that Leif and Tarzan are taking voting instructions from Kim. That was a surprise. I wonder what they think the arrangement is? Does Kim maybe want to blindside someone in her alliance and bring Tarzan with her to the finals, because he's unlikely to get any votes?
But Leif vote for Alicia and Tarzan voted for (either Jay or Troyzan - can't remember which). Leif has seemed completely out of sync with the majority vote for his entire time, no matter what tribe he has been on.
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #41
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Yet more proof that the guys this season are morons, especially Jay. He thinks he's going to the finals with Kim and Chelsea, but he also has a deal with Troy. So he asks Kim if they're thinking of blindsiding Troy, and she says, "if we were, would you tell him?" If that's not a pretty clear indication that the women are targeting the men, I don't know what is. Yet after hearing that, Jay still thought he could influence Kim. And by telling Kim about the idol, he ensured that the votes wouldn't go to Troy.

I'm confused about why Kim and Chelsea thought they could count on Tarzan and Lief to vote the way they were instructed. Have we previously seen any indication that Tarzan and/or Lief were in some kind of alliance with the girls?
What happened to Jay, he sniffed it out last week and then this week went brain dead. Turns out the Troy didn't need to use the HI since he only got two votes. I was hoping he would decide not to use it to make things interesting but it would be hard not to after a day of scrambling and hearing that he was on the block.

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
dtle

I still have some hope for this season.

The last time the women had control (Survivor:Vanuatu), they brought the last guy into the group when the women decided to split up. He ended up winning.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
I still have some hope for this season.

The last time the women had control (Survivor:Vanuatu), they brought the last guy into the group when the women decided to split up. He ended up winning.
Troyzan is the only one left of the men who could have a prayer of winning. And I don't think that the women are going to let him get any farther. The first challenge he loses II, he's out.

There's no worry about Tarzan or Leif making it to the final 3 and winning - neither one of them has any clue there's actually a game being played, nor are they playing for the sympathy likeable vote from the jury.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #44
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
There's no worry about Tarzan or Leif making it to the final 3 and winning - neither one of them has any clue there's actually a game being played, nor are they playing for the sympathy likeable vote from the jury.
This made me almost spit my coffee!

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #45
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater

What happened to Jay, he sniffed it out last week and then this week went brain dead. Turns out the Troy didn't need to use the HI since he only got two votes. I was hoping he would decide not to use it to make things interesting but it would be hard not to after a day of scrambling and hearing that he was on the block.
The only reason Troy didn't need to use the HII is because Jay told Kim about it and the girls switched their voting strategy, but Troy had no way to know that Jay had betrayed him like that.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #46
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
The only reason Troy didn't need to use the HII is because Jay told Kim about it and the girls switched their voting strategy, but Troy had no way to know that Jay had betrayed him like that.
But couldn't he tell that Jay was being voted out because of all the screen time he was getting and the dreaded "uh oh" sound effect when Jay said he wasn't worried?

I knew Jay was going home, it was just a matter of how!

as for Tarzan, he knows there's a game; and it's afoot! He just thinks the game is checkers when the others are playing chess.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote