Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #61
Old Tom

How to KEEP your old agreement with a new TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk113 View Post
I have 2X TivoHD's and 1 X Premiere (dual-tuner). I have a yearly deal on the premiere and one of the Tivo HD's. I keep calling to upgrade the yearly TiVoHD to a 4-tuner and they have no deals for me. Not even that, if I want to change out my hardware they want me to cancel my yearly tivohd and purchase a new premiere and new service. I thought phone company upgrades were hard.. Why does TiVO make it so hard for me to give them more $$? I want to keep my service, I want to pay for a new box. But you make it so hard...
When my HD died awhile back, I went looking for a replacement and decided that it would make most sense to buy a Premiere (dual-tuner). The advertised price required a new service agreement at the higher rate, BUT if I purchased one for the "full price" of $199.99, they would issue me a "Service Transfer Letter" which allowed me to keep my old service plan at $129.00 per year.

It didn't take any high-level math to figure out that the higher price would be paid for in the difference in one year's service agreement.

I wish I could tell you how that came to be, but it transpired over the phone just under a year ago. Ask the CS or sales person for a "Service Transfer Letter." Good luck!
Old Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #62
Arcady
Stargate Fan

So you paid $329 for a Premiere with one year of service, when you could have paid $449 and had lifetime service? That seems like a bad deal to me.
Premiere (320GB) w/ MoCA adapter
Mini

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #63
Gaidin43

I argued with TiVo sales a few times over this same issue.

I WANT to spend money with them and buy a premiere 4 and a TiVo stream and a TiVo mini with lifetime service but I am unwilling to pay the $399 for lifetime AGAIN since I still have a premiere.

I want to transfer me lifetime. I would totally pay $99 for a transfer fee to the new box, but they will not do anything even similar.

I would sell the old hardware without the lifetime and be done with it.

They need to review this policy because in the end I am will to spend more money, expanding the equipment I use, the people who use it, and still maintaining a subscriber. The no transfer policy sucks.
Gaidin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #64
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaidin43 View Post
I argued with TiVo sales a few times over this same issue.

I WANT to spend money with them and buy a premiere 4 and a TiVo stream and a TiVo mini with lifetime service but I am unwilling to pay the $399 for lifetime AGAIN since I still have a premiere.

I want to transfer me lifetime. I would totally pay $99 for a transfer fee to the new box, but they will not do anything even similar.

I would sell the old hardware without the lifetime and be done with it.

They need to review this policy because in the end I am will to spend more money, expanding the equipment I use, the people who use it, and still maintaining a subscriber. The no transfer policy sucks.
That would be great if we could xfer Lifetime Service from box to box, but TiVo has made it clear this can't be done after 30 days. I has been this way for more than 10 years, and when you purchased Lifetime Service you had to agree to the terms, like it or not. If you are willing to pay $99 to xfer Lifetime than pay another $299 and get a two for, you can sell your TP (that will still have Lifetime) for more than the extra $299.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #65
Bigg

What really sucks is that they aren't willing to do MSD off of a dead box. I want to go back to TiVo, and they won't give me ANYTHING. I'll have to play more CSR roulette with them after the Mini announcement.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote