TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
tedrik

Wireless not working

Received my premier on Tuesday-it connected to my internet easily and have had a stable connection up until today (good for 3 days). I have the tivo connected with a lynksey adaptor(ethernet port of TIVO) with the other adapter to my gateway router. I called Tivo help-they said tivo only supports with the tivo adapter (told my wife they'd say that). They said I need to buy the tivo wireless adapter. BTW my router is only about 35feet from the tivo. When I try to force the connection I get an N33 failure message- also N07 saying problem is with router (cannot connect to gateway message)-I unplugged and replugged..

My lynsey adpters have worked with everything else-but not the TIVO (all though it did for 3 days. Any help/suggestions before I buy a TIVO adapter? Thanks

I found the fix- Instead of continuously trying to re-connect to the internet-I clicked on something like "reconfigure IP address"-it changed from the initial address (that TIVO choses)-the connection was not as strong-then I unplugged the linksey adapter from the surge protector and plugged into a plug by itself and the strength surged-all working fine now. I wish the techs had offerred some help.

Last edited by tedrik : 08-10-2012 at 02:22 PM.
tedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrik View Post
Received my premier on Tuesday-it connected to my internet easily and have had a stable connection up until today (good for 3 days). I have the tivo connected with a lynksey adaptor(ethernet port of TIVO) with the other adapter to my gateway router. I called Tivo help-they said tivo only supports with the tivo adapter (told my wife they'd say that). They said I need to buy the tivo wireless adapter. BTW my router is only about 35feet from the tivo. When I try to force the connection I get an N33 failure message- also N07 saying problem is with router (cannot connect to gateway message)-I unplugged and replugged..

My lynsey adpters have worked with everything else-but not the TIVO (all though it did for 3 days. Any help/suggestions before I buy a TIVO adapter? Thanks

I found the fix- Instead of continuously trying to re-connect to the internet-I clicked on something like "reconfigure IP address"-it changed from the initial address (that TIVO choses)-the connection was not as strong-then I unplugged the linksey adapter from the surge protector and plugged into a plug by itself and the strength surged-all working fine now. I wish the techs had offerred some help.
It sounds like what you have is a wireless bridge setup if it is connected to the Tivo ethernet port. The Tivo G adapters connect to a USB port. Not sure about the Tivo N adpaters. Try setting the Tivo to use a fixed IP address. I have one Tivo that will only work that way. What I am using is older Linksys WRT54G routers that I've flashed with DD-WRT to turn them into repeater bridges.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrik View Post

Start by getting a 40 foot Ethernet cable and hardwiring it.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote