TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
copwriter

Programming a stop button

I use a Harmony universal remote with my new Premiere. Although there is no "stop" button on the TiVo remote, I had a functional "stop" on the Harmony remote for my Series 3 HD. While a program was playing, pressing "stop" would stop playing the program and return me to the "Resume playing/Delete/Save Until/etc." menu. A post in another section says to program a left navigation button to the Stop button on the Harmony, but that doesn't work the same way with the Premiere as it did with the Series 3. If I push the left nav button, I go back to the menu, but the program continues to play. The only way to stop it from playing is to hit Pause, but then I'm frozen in that program. This seems like such a simple thing. How do I program a stop button?
copwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
lpwcomp

This is a function of the video window feature of the HD menus. You could change your settings to disable it or switch to the SD menus. I was going to suggest programming the stop button to do a left arrow & a "slow"(?) (to temp turn off the window) but I think that the "slow" is a toggle. I am AFMT until Thursday so have no way of checking.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
jrlbc06

Yeah for me the left navigation arrow does that function but I have a series 3 HD so I'm not sure how that works with a Premier
jrlbc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
jrtroo
User

2 Options:

Turn off the preview window- then left acts just like the SD menus
Program the button to pause then left, so the program no longer progresses
Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
swerver

When I pulled up my tivo in the harmony software, I think the stop command was already programmed. I didn't have to do anything. Are you saying the harmony software didn't automatically program your harmony's stop button with the tivo stop?
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
copwriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
When I pulled up my tivo in the harmony software, I think the stop command was already programmed. I didn't have to do anything. Are you saying the harmony software didn't automatically program your harmony's stop button with the tivo stop?
Yes, that's correct. If I take the default programming for the Premiere, the stop button on the Harmony remote does nothing.

I think I'll try disabling the preview window and see if that works as described above. The preview window isn't that big a deal.
copwriter is offline   Reply With Quote