TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
robertm101

On demand in Adelphia Areas on Premiere

I have TiVo premiere and live in Salisbury MA which was an old Adelphia area. Well the towns around me are not Adelphia areas and have on demand available to them. I was curious if anyone has heard if these areas will ever get on demand available to them or where these areas are small are they going to skip them. Thanks.
robertm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Digital Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm101 View Post
I have TiVo premiere and live in Salisbury MA which was an old Adelphia area. Well the towns around me are not Adelphia areas and have on demand available to them. I was curious if anyone has heard if these areas will ever get on demand available to them or where these areas are small are they going to skip them. Thanks.
Don't know the answer, but wanted to mention that I'm a Comcast customer in a area that used to be Adelphia, and we do get Xfinity On-Demand on our Premier XL4.
Digital Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
speedy2
TivoAddict

What type of equipment does your system use? I'm in an old Adelphia system owned by Comcast now and they use Scientific Atlanta equipment here so no Video On Demand for us yet. It only works with Motorola stuff right now. TiVo might get around to getting SA stuff compatible with it in a few years if we're lucky. Probably by the time a better service come out. Just a little bitter about the whole situation. :-/
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
robertm101

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post
What type of equipment does your system use? I'm in an old Adelphia system owned by Comcast now and they use Scientific Atlanta equipment here so no Video On Demand for us yet. It only works with Motorola stuff right now. TiVo might get around to getting SA stuff compatible with it in a few years if we're lucky. Probably by the time a better service come out. Just a little bitter about the whole situation. :-/
We use the Cisco boxes. Also were are now know as Xfinity, but that means nothing because when I call Comcast all they tell me is that I am in an old Adelphia area and there is no plans on updating the network yet. I have also heard that because of where i'm right on the ocean front some of the old lines are damaged by salt air and they are just focusing on that first.
I just hope they don't just skip us completely.
robertm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
speedy2
TivoAddict

Cisco bought Scientific Atlanta so it's the same equipment. Comcast just slaps XFinity on the boxes for their own branding. The guts are still SA.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote