TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #241
jeff92k7

Been away for a while. Must say though, that last week's episode was the best one I've seen in a few years. I actually felt a little concern when the Northwestern crew was having issues with the tank flooding.

As for Elliot's situation...I think there has got to be more to that story than what we are shown. I also think that Elliot's ex only agreed to be on camera for selfish reasons. The whole scene when Elliot went to visit her gave me the feeling that she just wanted her 15 minutes. Nothing about it seemed real. Seemed like she just agreed to let him come over with a camera crew so she could then kick him out on tv.
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #242
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
As for Elliot's situation...I think there has got to be more to that story than what we are shown. I also think that Elliot's ex only agreed to be on camera for selfish reasons. The whole scene when Elliot went to visit her gave me the feeling that she just wanted her 15 minutes. Nothing about it seemed real. Seemed like she just agreed to let him come over with a camera crew so she could then kick him out on tv.
I doubt that. More like DISC wanted her to be on camera to give some backstory to Elliott falling apart while crabbing. If she wanted her 15 minutes, DISC would have been happy to have a crew follow her as she went to court for the no contact orders. As it is the viewer is left to wonder if it was her doing that Elliott has not talked to the kids for so long or some combination of court ordered schedule and the breaks he gets on the crab boat to call to say hello to them.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #243
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
Been away for a while. Must say though, that last week's episode was the best one I've seen in a few years. I actually felt a little concern when the Northwestern crew was having issues with the tank flooding.

From what I've read (and they even showed the judge mentioning it) Elliot was going around saying that he was going to grab the kids and go to Mexico. That was a big deal to the judge.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #244
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
From what I've read (and they even showed the judge mentioning it) Elliot was going around saying that he was going to grab the kids and go to Mexico. That was a big deal to the judge.
Yep. Elliot is not too bright it seems.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #245
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Nice to see Jake Anderson get married, his wife is beautiful.

Jake Harris has a face full of meth sores.
snowjay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #246
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjay View Post
Nice to see Jake Anderson get married, his wife is beautiful.

Jake Harris has a face full of meth sores.
I feel like we've watched Jake Anderson grow up before our eyes. He's become quite the man.

I was really surprised at the boat totals and crew shares. The Wizard crew got $150K each, wow, that's great! And the Ramblin' Rose guys got $48K each. Way more that I thought they'd earn with as bad as it seemed the boat did.
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #247
jeepair

Elliott is crazy. Praising the crew at the end and saying they didn't bitch or moan. ??? He listened to them bitch just like we did, lol.

Sure, the Wizard crew (full share crew) received 150k for around 3 months of work but they sure didn't work 8/9/10 hour days. Plus not being 'home' after work for that amount of time, I'd say thats fair.

Add that money to the King Crab $ and whoohoo.

Agree with Jake Anderson. He's the future Edgar, Sig, Phil Harris etc. Jake Harris on the other hand is going down fast. I think hes just there now to be on tv and get his share of $, if they do receive money from Discovery. Pretty sad.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #248
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Maybe reading a bit between the lines here, but from Elliot's comment about getting his own boat on ATC, does that mean the owners of the Rambilin Rose finally came to their senses and gave him the boot? There also was a bit of hinting that Hansen's were thinking about or may even be in the process of adding a second boat. There's all the talk about Edgar teaming with Junior, but none about Sig stepping aside.

It's so sad to watch Jake Harris literally dying right before our eyes. He's become a cautionary tale about the dangers and effects of drug abuse.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #249
rifleman69

Edgar and Junior "teaming" up is for Blue Crab only. As for Elliott, I think he's weighing his options and quite possibly might have to run another boat since the owner has or will ****canned him.
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #250
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
Agree with Jake Anderson. He's the future Edgar, Sig, Phil Harris etc. Jake Harris on the other hand is going down fast. I think hes just there now to be on tv and get his share of $, if they do receive money from Discovery. Pretty sad.
Part of me doesn't want NW Jake to stay a crab fisherman. He got his life together and since crabbing isn't good for relationships, being an emotional guy, being away from wife and future kids is going to hit him like it does Edgar.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #251
sgsmith

Interesting read on how the quota system has made crab fishing a safer job.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/27/pf/j...source=cnn_bin
sgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #252
Gregor

That article says there are more crabs than ever, but weren't red crab quotas down this year?

Or did I miss something?

MK:3523-2615-6739

Do not taunt happy thread counts.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #253
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
That article says there are more crabs than ever, but weren't red crab quotas down this year?

Or did I miss something?
The quotas were cut in half. http://www.alaskajournal.com/Alaska-...ore-crew-info/
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #254
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Speaking of cut in half, I really didn't need to see that dude get his finger chopped off while I was eating dinner. Ouch.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #255
steverm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Speaking of cut in half, I really didn't need to see that dude get his finger chopped off while I was eating dinner. Ouch.
my wife was REALLY grossed out when they showed the severed tip sitting on the table!
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #256
pmyers

What another great season!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #257
windracer
joined the 10k club

The Revelations episode was pretty good.

Best line: Wild Bill: "What's joy? She was a dancer in Anchorage."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #258
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post

I thought it was pretty good too. It's crazy how many demons a lot of these guys have, especially Bill and Keith. I love Keith. He's the most human character in my mind. I'd love to hear more about his background.

Although I should expect it, it blows me away how many of these guys would go earn 100K+ in a few months then just go blow it, like that's how it was supposed to be back in the day. Was it Edgar who said he ran through three brand new trucks in a year? I'd love to see Edgar running his own boat though. I'm sure he 's fully capable but I almost feel like he doesn't have the confidence to do it because he's been living in Sig's shadow and running the deck for so long.

I also found it interesting that Bill said his dad was never around and he was a hard ass to him. No wonder he's such a d*ck to his kid. He's doing the same thing apparently. That whole background with his kids sounds sad. I wonder what the story is there.
audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #259
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post

I agree with both statements.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #260
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Last night was the behind the scenes show, which I really geek out over being in video production myself. At any rate, one of the most interesting things was the decision to place the camera on the Wizard crew member who got airlifted out. The camera made it all the way to hospital while still recording.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #261
Bob Coxner

Deadliest Catch is becoming the Hamburger Helper of tv. Take a popular ingredient and then stretch it into as many different combinations as possible. We now have After The Catch after every episode. We had Revelations. Now we have Behind the Scenes. I've enjoyed all of them but eventually they're going to burn us out. The classic show biz line is "leave em wanting more" and DC is very close to violating that one.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #262
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Deadliest Catch is becoming the Hamburger Helper of tv. Take a popular ingredient and then stretch it into as many different combinations as possible. We now have After The Catch after every episode. We had Revelations. Now we have Behind the Scenes. I've enjoyed all of them but eventually they're going to burn us out. The classic show biz line is "leave em wanting more" and DC is very close to violating that one.
Lol, you're right. Next episode, the home life of the cameraman.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #263
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
They've done the behind the scenes show for a number of seasons. I find it more fascinating than the regular episodes.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #264
Jayjoans

I thought it was excellent timing to have caught that guy's finger getting chopped off. They hype this show as the deadliest job on the planet, but after 8 years we've seen some boo-boos, headaches and dehydration. Up to this recent event, band aids and excedrin pretty much covered everything. No doubt it's a terrifically difficult job in terrible conditions, which is compelling, but there has been a lack of drama in regard to risking life and limb. I think that's a good thing, apparently the quota system has made the seasons much safer and even more profitable, which wasn't in place when the show started.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote