TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2014, 03:37 AM   #1
Hurricane350

Power supply cable

Ok, somehow in our move I managed to lose the power cable to the TiVo mini... Now I know it is 12v 1a but what I don't know is the barrel size of the adapter. Does anyone know this spec? I'm looking online and most are 2.1mm, is this the correct size?

And I know TiVo sells replacement cables...just don't want to pay $25 when I can pay $5 :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hurricane350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Radio Shack comes to mind, if you take the adapter to them, they have collection of reference plugs. Just because you go there doesn't mean you have to buy their solution. That one of the few uses that radio Shack still handles well is the adapter plugs.

Myself I just try similer ones until they match making sure the polarity is correct first with a volt meter but positive is typically the inside contact.

Another option is to call Tivo, they might just send you a replacement at no cost. I have seen others post that after moving they lost the remote control dongle and after calling Tivo, they recieved a free replacement.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

I agree, try calling TiVo. I know instances were they have sent replacement power supplies at no charge.
Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Hurricane350

Thanks for the suggestion everyone, called TiVo and they are sending me one out free of charge!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hurricane350 is offline   Reply With Quote