TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #31
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Add me to the list of surprised people about the wife kissing Juliet. I bet they go down the blackmail route at some point, but I was really surprised it didn't happen right away when the wife found out.

I doubt Scarlet would have really gotten booed off the stage, but it's a bit hard to believe that an up-and-coming nobody in the Nashville scene would get a spot on the hottest tour around like that. But it fits into the story they are trying to tell and it's interesting to see the politics of it all. Seems like it could have a good chunk of truth to it even though it's fiction.

And the Ball and Chain song was pretty good actually. I generally really like the music in this show.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I doubt Scarlet would have really gotten booed off the stage, but it's a bit hard to believe that an up-and-coming nobody in the Nashville scene would get a spot on the hottest tour around like that.
Not really. Granted, I've missed a few episodes, but I believe she was just booked as a "pre-opener," not even an opening act. Promoters will often book up-and-comings as pre-openers to start getting them a little exposure. Most of the time, from what I've seen, audiences barely pay these pre-openers any attention. They usually take the stage with very little or no introduction, play a song or two (often acoustic, because they aren't given any money to tour with a band, and often with only "house lights" on), and leave again with a break before the actual opening act. It's a rather thankless role in a tour.

It does seem very unlikely that a pre-opener would get booed, though... it's more likely that they would simply be completely ignored.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #33
waynomo
My One Time

Yeah, the arena, Stadium, or whatever is usually only a tenth filled when the opener comes on. And yeah, rarely does anybody care.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #34
hummingbird_206

I"ll Keep Climbing 1/15/2014

I loved the opening song by Juliette. Very nice.

Surprised they killed off Peggy. Didn't even drag out the drama of the miscarriage.

I'm really tired of Rayna and her album and her label.
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #35
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post

Surprised they killed off Peggy. Didn't even drag out the drama of the miscarriage.
Yes, beautiful song to open.
And also disappointed that Peggy continuing with the fake pregnancy won't be exposed. That would have been a juicy line.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #36
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Perhaps, but the way they presented it, I thought, was really weird, interspersing Juliette in some really crappy rendered clouds in between the various other scenes.
Quote:
I'm kind of not surprised. Peggy was a bit of a dud character. She had no chemistry whatsoever with Teddy, and frankly I hated the faux pregnancy plotline. I think the show realized her storytelling potential was really limited, and cut their losses while they could.
Quote:
I'm really tired of Rayna and her album and her label.
Again, I'm not; the music industry stuff is what brought me to the show, so I like that they are still making a token effort to include it, and not go all-in on the soap aspects of the show.

Now, onto a thing I *am* tired of: Scarlett's pity party. Holy crap, girl, get it together. She's miserable all the time, and this whole thing with her friend, Gunnar, and now with Avery is just ridiculously old.

I'm not a fan of the show trying to put Juliette and Avery together. I liked the vibe of them together - but as friends, not as a romantic couple. I liked that Juliette actually finally had a friend that made her happy being around, without the romance stuff making it messy. Of course, being a soap, they have to have everyone with everyone else at some point or another (unfortunately).
Old 01-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #37
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Perhaps, but the way they presented it, I thought, was really weird, interspersing Juliette in some really crappy rendered clouds in between the various other scenes.
You did realize that she was rehearsing and that was the background that will be projecting during the show? During rehearsals they need to rehearse all the lighting and visual effects also. (My guess is you did.)
I liked it. I thought it was a nice way to do a sort of "previously on" since the show hadn't been on in a month. (I may need to rewatch to make sure that is what they did.) I thought it caught us up on where the show was.

Last edited by waynomo : 01-17-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #38
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Was Scarlett and Avery's breakup one of the most anti climatic in television history? "We're like old slippers, aren't we?" "Yep." "OK." Done.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #39
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
You did realize that she was rehearsing and that was the background that will be projecting during the show? During rehearsals they need to rehearse all the lighting and visual effects also. (My guess is you did.)
Yes, I did, but the way it was edited together was just weird.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #40
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I'm kind of not surprised. Peggy was a bit of a dud character. She had no chemistry whatsoever with Teddy, and frankly I hated the faux pregnancy plotline. I think the show realized her storytelling potential was really limited, and cut their losses while they could.

Now, onto a thing I *am* tired of: Scarlett's pity party. Holy crap, girl, get it together. She's miserable all the time, and this whole thing with her friend, Gunnar, and now with Avery is just ridiculously old.

I'm not a fan of the show trying to put Juliette and Avery together. I liked the vibe of them together - but as friends, not as a romantic couple. I liked that Juliette actually finally had a friend that made her happy being around, without the romance stuff making it messy. Of course, being a soap, they have to have everyone with everyone else at some point or another (unfortunately).
Agree Peggy was a dud. But still surprised they dumped her so quickly.

And Everything about Scarlett annoys me, so the pity party is just one more on the whole list of why I can't stand her character.

Also agree that I don't want Juliette and Avery as a romantic couple. They make good friends.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #41
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
Was Scarlett and Avery's breakup one of the most anti climatic in television history? "We're like old slippers, aren't we?" "Yep." "OK." Done.
lol, I hadn't thought of it that way, but yeah, not at all dramatic.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #42
stellie93

Rayna's daughter has a really good voice too. I wonder if Rayna will let her start performing. I don't remember....do we know who killed Peggy?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #43
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Rayna's daughter has a really good voice too. I wonder if Rayna will let her start performing. I don't remember....do we know who killed Peggy?
Not definitely, but it almost certainly seems to be to be a paid hit job from Lamar intended for Teddy. Lamar believes Teddy ratted him out to the feds, putting him in jail, and the hit was a retaliation for that. Lamar doesn't know that it was actually Tandy that did it.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #44
hummingbird_206

I love Avery and Juliette together. I thought I'd be disappointed that they become a couple since they were so good as friends, but so far so good!

I'm surprised they killed off Daddy dearest. Seems like the easy way out. Kind of like when they killed off Juliette's Mom. But I'm still enjoying the show, so I'll trust that they know what they are doing.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #45
waynomo
My One Time

I thought they were going to let him die the first time. To me it seems odd to keep him alive just to kill him now for no real apparent reason. I guess well see were the plot line goods now. I guess Rayna and sis will inherit some money.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #46
Satchel

Love the new trio. Hope they get some attention.

I really thought Juliette was going to sign with Hwy 65. Looking like she has more options.
Satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #47
hummingbird_206

Quote:
I thought they were going to let him die the first time. To me it seems odd to keep him alive just to kill him now for no real apparent reason. I guess well see were the plot line goods now. I guess Rayna and sis will inherit some money.
Not sure if they will inherit anything or if the gov't will seize it. Wonder if there will be some kind of scandal with Teddy for not calling for help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
Love the new trio. Hope they get some attention.

I really thought Juliette was going to sign with Hwy 65. Looking like she has more options.
I agree, I thought Rayna would sign Juliette. And I like the new trio, too. I've been liking Avery for quite a while now, but the other 2, not so much. However, the 3 of them together are good.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #48
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I finally got caught up on all the episodes I've been storing up.

Looks like the people saying that Juliette would get signed up with Rayna were right. And what's the first thing that Juliette does? Screws over Rayna and the whole label. Wow

I liked Scarlet but it seems like they are doing their best to make us dislike her now. The whole drug thing is irritating. She only had that one bottle? How long did it take her to overload there? I did really like seeing her sing Black Roses to her mom. But she couldn't talk with her about it and stand up for herself afterwards.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #49
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Screws over Rayna and the whole label. Wow
And takes no responsibility for it!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #50
DouglasPHill

This series is one of my favorites. Right up there with Blue Bloods.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #51
stellie93

Love the show. It must be hard for celebrities kids--you probably have to just not let them post stuff on Facebook with their friends. It would be so easy for a kid to let something slip that would embarrass a star or give the press too much info about their whereabouts.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #52
waynomo
My One Time

I'm surprise there isn't a bigger following here. Maybe because there is no sci-fi/fantasy bent to it.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #53
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
I'm surprise there isn't a bigger following here. Maybe because there is no sci-fi/fantasy bent to it.
Or probably because the show often tends to play up the more soap opera like storylines, which can turn off some viewers.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #54
hummingbird_206

Quote:
I finally got caught up on all the episodes I've been storing up.

Looks like the people saying that Juliette would get signed up with Rayna were right. And what's the first thing that Juliette does? Screws over Rayna and the whole label. Wow

I liked Scarlet but it seems like they are doing their best to make us dislike her now. The whole drug thing is irritating. She only had that one bottle? How long did it take her to overload there? I did really like seeing her sing Black Roses to her mom. But she couldn't talk with her about it and stand up for herself afterwards.
I've never liked Scarlet, but was actually starting to like her a bit when she stood up to Juliette. But then she went back to being a wimpy whiner and I still can't stand her character. I do like the actress and I think she does a good job, it's just the character that I don't like.

I think the drug abuse story line is a good one for Scarlet. The length of time and number of pills might be off, but I think the story (how and why) makes sense.

Quote:
And takes no responsibility for it!
I think Juliette did take responsibility. She actually apologized to Rayna after Rayna explained about how she could lose everything. The thing was, Rayna should have explained things before she signed Juliette. Rayna knows how self-centered Juliette is and they even had the discussion that Juliette wanted a label that would let her be herself. Rayna should have known what she was getting into with Juliette. Of course, if she did, then there wouldn't have been any conflict and no story.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #55
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
I think the drug abuse story line is a good one for Scarlet. The length of time and number of pills might be off, but I think the story (how and why) makes sense.
I guess addiction does run in the family, and it could also offer a way for Juliette to help Scarlet since she had experience with her mom.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #56
Satchel

I'm glad the Scarlett/drug storyline seems to be coming to a head. Its been going on a bit too long.

Plus I really think Scarlett's mom and Juliette's mom were basically the same character.
Satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #57
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
I'm glad the Scarlett/drug storyline seems to be coming to a head. Its been going on a bit too long.

Plus I really think Scarlett's mom and Juliette's mom were basically the same character.
I don't see the resemblence between the 2 mom characters at all. Juliette's Mom was just needy and Juliette didn't want to be bothered. Scarlet's mom is abusive.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #58
Jon J
Curmudgeon

There's a call out for extras for tonight's shoot at LP Field. Weather will be great so there should be a good turnout to make the stadium look full. The calll is from 8:30 PM to 2 AM. Wonder if extras get any refreshments for such a long shoot.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #59
ScubaCat
Shades of Blue......

I wasn't sure at first but I've come to enjoy this show. I thought it was doing well but the ratings are borderline and the show may be cancelled. I really hope it survives for another season.
ScubaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #60
Ereth

I love this show.

I was watching something else today and this music came on and it was the song that Raynas daughters sing all the time about "I'll be there for you" or something like that, and it was clearly the real version with production and all and I was thinking "I like how those little girls sing it so much better!".
Also, check out my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
series while you are there.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote