TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Audio static buzz

Has anyone had the audio suddenly go from normal to loud static buzz (using hdmi for audio) ?

Both of my Roamio basics have done this from time to time, both before this last spring's update and after. Most recently mine did it last night, I was simply changing the tuner from one to another who suddenly all I could hear was a static buzz, much like if you tuned your FM radio to blank frequency.

It lasted about 2 or 3 seconds, it's just on the one tuned channel as if I change channels it remains but if I switch to another tuner, it goes away. My audio output is set to PCM however I have had audio set to Dolby and it still occurs, when this happens, it's the audio over hdmi, Toslink optical doesn't seem effected.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
mrizzo80

Yes. About a half dozen times since 20.4.1 hit. Email Margret.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...9#post10064319
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Anybody getting anywhere with this? I'm beginning to feel like all the 777-clear sequences I've been dutifully doing, while being on enhanced log-monitoring, isn't doing anything but wearing out my remote buttons.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Didn't realize this was spring update bug, I swore i had this before the update but perhaps not. Thanks for the link but it would appear I would be wasting my time to report it.

TiVo truly needs to get back to basics with their products, I wasn't aware that by purchasing a Roamio TiVo that you were automatically designated a beta tester. Perhaps this explains why Joliet committed suicide as she just couldn't handle dealing with Roamio's developmental problems? Very tragic!
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Thanks for the link but it would appear I would be wasting my time to report it.
Why do you think that? If everyone thought like you, nothing would get fixed.
So what if you've wasted some time. At least you can say you tried, and it gives TiVo that much more data to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
TiVo truly needs to get back to basics with their products, I wasn't aware that by purchasing a Roamio TiVo that you were automatically designated a beta tester. Perhaps this explains why Joliet committed suicide as she just couldn't handle dealing with Roamio's developmental problems? Very tragic!
I feel this has always been the case with TiVo. TiVo's beta covers the showstoppers (most of the time), then the software is unleashed to the general public to root out the details.

I wish TiVo wasn't so picky about who can participate in their beta tests. They would probably get a lot more willing participants if they allowed people in who have upgraded their hard drives, etc. Plus they would get some real world data, as opposed to the data they get now which is limited because everyone in the beta test has the same basic configuration.
IMO, it's not a real beta test unless every possible configuration is taken into consideration, and TiVo doesn't do things that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Why do you think that? If everyone thought like you, nothing would get fixed.
So what if you've wasted some time. At least you can say you tried, and it gives TiVo that much more data to work with.

I feel this has always been the case with TiVo. TiVo's beta covers the showstoppers (most of the time), then the software is unleashed to the general public to root out the details.

I wish TiVo wasn't so picky about who can participate in their beta tests. They would probably get a lot more willing participants if they allowed people in who have upgraded their hard drives, etc. Plus they would get some real world data, as opposed to the data they get now which is limited because everyone in the beta test has the same basic configuration.
IMO, it's not a real beta test unless every possible configuration is taken into consideration, and TiVo doesn't do things that way.
I agree with both sentiments, and mostly everything you said.