TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
DJQuad
Poker Junkie

Arrow Why doesn't TiVo support the features they offer?

During a recent chat with TiVo support, I was told to "contact YouTube" about a YouTube stuttering issue. Netflix seems to work fine.

1, I pay TiVo for the services they offer, not YouTube, Netflix, AOL, or anyone else. If TiVo decided to settle on a crappy app and then offer it as a feature, actually supporting it isn't too much to ask for.

2, Being directed to contact YouTube/Google about this issue is absolutely pointless. I'd have better luck contacting life on Mars. The rep directed me to http://support.google.com/youtube ...

Normally TiVo support has been great, but when it comes to the extra services they offer, I'm quickly finding out it's a complete waste of time.
DJQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Do you contact apple with an angry birds problem? Not saying tivo is the best app platform, just saying they cannot fix issues with apps that other companies write. I'm not making any kind of statement about your issue at all.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
caddyroger

I have that problem with my computer with a 25 megs down and 5 megs up internet connection. I t possible that it not the tivo causing it.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Bigg

YouTube is a notorious mess. I wouldn't blame TiVo. Use one of the other boxes you probably have under your TV that also does YouTube. YouTube on an iPad with AirPlay to an Apple TV is really amazing.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
MzLoretta

This is a YouTube issue, not a TiVo issue. typing in YouTube/activiate in your browser doesn't work. I found this thread and got to the proper activate place via the Google answer here .... but I can't post the link yet .... as I haven't posted enough. I'll post some messages and come back with the link.

Aaaaaand ... here it is: http://productforums.google.com/foru...be/sPe5FtaerKo

BTW: LOVE YouTube/TiVo .... really great.

Last edited by MzLoretta : 08-05-2013 at 04:05 PM.
MzLoretta is offline   Reply With Quote