TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #61
Arcady
Stargate Fan

zoom? I was thinking "woosh"
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #62
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Also, isn't favorites limited in the number you can have?
No. It works just like the other two lists. I had a non-TiVo DirecTV receiver that worked like that back in the day, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #63
Grakthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
No. Suggestions will look over all channels that are checked, thus potentially picking an SD version when you want an HD version of the same show.
Hmmmmmmmmm.... well, there you go. someone finally gave me a legitimate reason to remove all of the SD channels from the available channels list. Amazing what can happen when people respond seriously!

I don't use suggestions. I record enough stuff manually. So this is one that's never come up for me.

Is there seriously not a way to prioritize HD channels over SD for TiVo suggestions?
Grakthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #64
Grakthis

Quote:
It's easier (quicker) to uncheck the stuff I don't want than to add the things I do want or may want.
It's easier until you start complaining that channels are appearing in your list.

Of course, you said this wasn't a problem for you due to using OTA. But as soon as you find yourself getting annoyed that your Cable Co is adding channels, then it's time to spend the effort to setup your favorites list.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #65
Grakthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
That's ridiculous, he's using the Tivo exactly how it was designed to be used. What's the point of leaving any channels you NEVER WATCH in [b]channels I receive[b]?

Plus, as I said, you can "accidentally" have autorecording wishlists record on those channels too..
Derpa derpa derpa derpa

Maybe you should petition TiVo for a list of channels you watch that is different from the list of channels you receive. Oh wait, they have that. So, what you want now, is for TiVo to be able to limit recordings to only that list.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #66
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakthis View Post
It's easier until you start complaining that channels are appearing in your list.

probably. But I'm not complaining that new channels are added by Time Warner pop up on Channels I Receive. I actually want this at first so I can see what the channel is and if I can actually tune it or not. If not, then I uncheck it from "Channels I Receive"

I don't get what the OP's problem is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #67
Arcady
Stargate Fan

A TiVo Premiere records suggestions from higher channels first, so no more worrying about getting the SD version most of the time. You can also delete a channel directly from the guide, instead of going into the settings and finding it in a list. Of course, this is on version 20 of the software, not version 6 or whatever the ancient DTV boxes run.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #68
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
probably. But I'm not complaining that new channels are added by Time Warner pop up on Channels I Receive. I actually want this at first so I can see what the channel is and if I can actually tune it or not. If not, then I uncheck it from "Channels I Receive"

I don't get what the OP's problem is.
What I've gleaned from this "way longer than it should be" discussion is that DirecTV seems to routinely game the system by adding and deleting large groups of channels on a regular basis to help keep them in channel lists. wmcbrine suggested that in post #10 and it makes a great deal of sense and would indeed annoy me too.

Those of us on other systems just get the occasional add/remove that are of a benefit to us so we can adjust as needed.