This seems like a common question posted, but I have run out of ideas.
I have a number of Tivos on a hardwired network. The problem I have is the Roamio and one of my S3's can not see each other's now playing. Both see all of the Tivos and can see now playing list just fine, just these two. It has been a few days and I think I have tried all of the common things.
When I go into My Shows or Now Playing and select the remote Tivo
Error on Roamio:
The [S3] DVR's My Shows could not be displayed because of a network problem. Press LEFT to return to my shows list.
Error on S3:
The [Roamio] DVR has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to Now Playing.
What I have tried:
- With a third Tivo, a [Tivo-HD] I can see now playing on both Roamio and S3.
- Checked IP addressing.
- Change Roamio's static address back to DHCP then back to static. All are static (except Roamio's second IP address)
- Confirmed no duplicate IPs or duplicate MAC addresses.
- Confirmed IPs, mask 255.255.255.0, network 192.168.1.255, gateway addresses.
- With a browser I can access the https://[IP]/nowplaying/index.html on all tivos.
- With an iPad I can see Now playing on Roamio.
- Roamio Tivo LifeTime is applied to the account (2 days ago).
- Roamio and S3 shows up on the same account.
- Confirmed both Tivos at tivo.com have video sharing & enable video downloads on both. Toggled the settings for Roamio to make sure.
- Rebooted both by GUI and power cycle.
- Force Tivo connections on both & rebooted both.
- Rebooted router and both Tivos.
Other than calling Tivo CSR, any other ideas?