TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

Any way to pause/stop all scheduled recordings?

Going from one Tivo box to another (P3-->P4 upgrade).

Once I'm sure the Season Pass transfers (done) and recording is all working fine I want to stop the old Tivo from doing any further recordings.

Other than just unplugging the Cable IN - is there a way to globally stop/pause it from further recordings without trashing the Season Passes/schedules?

If I DO unplug cable IN will it just record dead space then? Or does it see no signal and use zero space? We are at about 80% full and are going to watch or transfer everything off the old box (with iTivo) in the next week or so. I just don't want it to start erasing stuff to fill with dead air or redundant recordings...

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
lujan

The only way I know of is to unplug the TiVo. I even called customer service a couple of weeks ago and that's what he told me.
6 DVD
lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post
If I DO unplug cable IN will it just record dead space then? Or does it see no signal and use zero space? We are at about 80% full and are going to watch or transfer everything off the old box (with iTivo) in the next week or so. I just don't want it to start erasing stuff to fill with dead air or redundant recordings...

Thanks!
Zero space, if they show up.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

If you disconnect the cable it will look like they are recording, but when it gets to the end it will realize it didn't record anything and just delete the show. Although if you are super full be careful because TiVos will allocate the space they think they need before the recording starts. So if you're near 100% it might delete the oldest recording to make room for the new one even though the new one wont actually record. This also applies to Season Passes with a KAM setting. If you're at the KAM limit it might delete the oldest one to make room for the new one even if the new one doesn't actually record.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
irepoder

I had the same situation. Once the season passes are working, you can use the season pass manager to delete the season passes on your old Tivo. The previoiusly recorded content will remain.
irepoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by irepoder View Post
I had the same situation. Once the season passes are working, you can use the season pass manager to delete the season passes on your old Tivo. The previoiusly recorded content will remain.
The OP is asking for an alternative to doing this.

That said, the OP can copy/move all SP's from Tivo to Tivo at will with the online SP manager, so deleting them from one Tivo shouldn't be a problem because she can just copy them back from the new Tivo.

Last edited by scandia101 : 12-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
The OP is asking for an alternative to doing this.

That said, the OP can copy/move all SP's from Tivo to Tivo at will with the online SP manager, so deleting them from one Tivo shouldn't be a problem because she can just copy them back from the new Tivo.
Yes. I've already copied the SPs from the original Tivo to the new P4 using the website UI. Just want to be sure the new P4 is performing correctly before deleting them off of the original box - and still have the option to quickly engage recording on the old box - if needed.

Sounds like - "Unplug the Cable TV" approach is the way to go - just making sure the "empty"recordings have a little room to play (25% remaining) - and check in on them regularly to make sure they self-delete as blanks - otherwise delete them manually.

OK - thanks everyone - I think that's the answer!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

All you would need to do is to remove all season passes from the season pass manager and it would stop recording at all. You could have moved the season passes over from 1 tivo to another on your My Account.

If you do not want the recordings deleted, you could set them to "Keep Until I Delete", you could also set the season passes to same, and it will record until the drive gets full.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote