TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
musictoo

Tuning Adapter

Thank you Time Warner for for the awesome tuning adapter that locked up on Friday night and stopped all recordings over the weekend while I was away. Good times...
musictoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by musictoo View Post
Thank you Time Warner for for the awesome tuning adapter that locked up on Friday night and stopped all recordings over the weekend while I was away. Good times...
Somehow i think this should be posted in a Time Warner Forum....

There is one on DSL Reports
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Tico
Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Welcome to the only downfall for Tivo.

I blame Tivo more than the CableCo's for still not building hardware that supports 2-way for SDV and relying on the CableCo's to band aid it for them..

That being said I have learned to reboot my Tivo's and Tuning adapters before I leave if I am going to be gone for any extended amount of time.

Has eliminated this problem for me.
Series3 OLED STA1520 TA Activated 9/21/06
Tico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico View Post
Welcome to the only downfall for Tivo.

I blame Tivo more than the CableCo's for still not building hardware that supports 2-way for SDV and relying on the CableCo's to band aid it for them..

That being said I have learned to reboot my Tivo's and Tuning adapters before I leave if I am going to be gone for any extended amount of time.

Has eliminated this problem for me.
I think the problem is that, instead of an industry standard, each cable co. does SDV with whatever hardware they choose, which means you need something that can talk to their headend or wherever the "add this channel to the mix" request is dealt with, and there's no way for TiVo to know that in advance.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
zowwie85

Quote:
Originally Posted by musictoo View Post
Put the tuning adapter on one of those lamp timers. 15 minutes or whatever the smallest increment is "off" at say 3:30 in the morning.
zowwie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
pmiranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowwie85 View Post
Put the tuning adapter on one of those lamp timers. 15 minutes or whatever the smallest increment is "off" at say 3:30 in the morning.
Has anyone tried something like this? I'm worried it would create more problems than it would solve. Also F1 races usually air in the middle of the night so I have trouble finding a reliable dead time.
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
lavaweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiranda View Post
Has anyone tried something like this? I'm worried it would create more problems than it would solve. Also F1 races usually air in the middle of the night so I have trouble finding a reliable dead time.
I have TWC coming out for this specific reason, both MOTO tuning adapters went to blinking yellow lights, phone support can't do anything so hopefully their tech can. Since they didn't work Tivo didn't record Monaco.... BOOO!
lavaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #8
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaweb View Post
I have TWC coming out for this specific reason, both MOTO tuning adapters went to blinking yellow lights, phone support can't do anything so hopefully their tech can. Since they didn't work Tivo didn't record Monaco.... BOOO!
I was having this issue, sometimes I'd change channels and get message no signal found. Or the yellow light would flash and none of the switched channels worked. It's taken three truck rolls over 5 mos to figure out there was a problem between the box outside on the ground and my wall.. They pulled a new wire and it's stable now.

Of course I had to threaten I'm canceling if this isn't fixed this time.
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote