TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Switching cable providers - seeking advice

I will be switching to a new cable/Internet provider shortly. Since I need my Internet connection to run Guided Setup again when making this switch, I'm seeking advice from others who may have undertaken this kind of change as to when I should re-run Guided Setup.

Should I do it while I still have my old Internet connection in place, before the installer arrives? Or will I be safe waiting until after both my new Internet and cable connections are wrapped up? I'm assuming that I can confirm operation of the new CableCARDs merely by tuning some of the new channel numbers if I haven't re-run it yet, should the installer need to see that as a measure of success.

Also, any suggestions as to how long it should take for most of my guide data and SPs to get updated?

Thanks for any insights.
stevewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You would need to run Guided setup with the new cable service, and again with cable card. So, as long as there is internet, its fine.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

You should be able to run Guided Setup before you get the CableCard. Just tell the Tivo that you will install them later and it will pull in the right channel info. I'm assuming that you will have the cable service active prior to having the cable guy come to install the card.