TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
buscuitboy

Question is this Comcast or TiVo?

I have two TiVo Premieres and one Series 3 (OLED) in various rooms of my house. All are networked together via hard wired ethernet. Everything has been working good and as needed. Recently, I had the Series 3 record a Showtime program and wanted to transfer it to one of the Premieres. However, I was unable to "transfer" it. I thought this was maybe the a Comcast red flagging situation I have read about on here, but then I was able to watch a Showtime recorded show from Premiere box #1 to Premiere box #2. I have been able to transfer regular digital cable material from the S3 to the S4. Just not "premium" channels.

It then made me realize that while I can multi-room "stream", I apparently can't multi-room "transfer" from the series 3 box. Has it always been this way. I didn't notice it before since I recently just got cable cards for the S3. Is this the way it has always been. Is it a Comcast "flag" or is it from TiVo?

Could I possibly transfer the recording from the Series 3 to the TiVo Desktop software. Then transfer it again from TiVo desktop to one of the Premieres? Or will I pretty much get the same results (can't "transfer")
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Tivo obeys the coding it receives (the CCI byte). If it is set so that you cannot transfer the content, you cannot transfer it anywhere. That can be set at the station/network level, and can be handled differently by local affiliates. I'm not sure if this can be set by the program as well. Commonly, TWC limits everything except network tv, ComCast limits premiums, and other providers have different scenarios.

You can stream anything, as that complies with the rules. Only the premiere can stream.

There are literally a million threads on this, look around and learn more. The comcast specific thread my be good for you to review.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
buscuitboy

Big Grin

Nahhh, having my very own post on this topis is faster & easier
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote