TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
alyssa

Pandemic thriller by Straczynski

ABC developing series with Straczynski
Pandemic thriller from Georgeville, Overbrook poised for straight-to-series order
By CYNTHIA LITTLETON
ABC has inked a deal with indie production company Georgeville TV and Overbrook Entertainment for a pandemic thriller project from "Babylon 5" creator J. Michael Straczynski.
Project is designed to secure a straight-to-series order, meaning that if ABC likes the script it will forgo a pilot in favor of a multiple episode order.

Details on the project are sketchy but it's described as a blend of procedural and serialized elements. James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett Smith are exec producing for Overbrook with Straczynski.

L.A.-based Georgeville, headed by producer Marc Rosen, is backed by Indian conglom Reliance Entertainment company and another Reliance subsidiary, London-based Motion Picture Capital, run by Leon Clarance and Deepak Nayar. The company has made a splash after barely six months in business because it has the ability to finance its own projects. Georgeville is focused on developing high-end projects with international appeal that command straight-to-series orders.

Jim Goodman, Georgeville's newly appointed exec veep of business affairs, brokered the deal with ABC.

Straczynski is renowned in sci-fi circles as the steward of the enduring "Babylon 5" series/telepic franchise. In recent years he's fielded numerous features and the 2002-04 Showtime series "Jeremiah."
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058274
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...39652459402959

For all your Comic-Con needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by alyssa : 08-25-2012 at 07:16 AM.
alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Church AV Guy

Anything that comes from JMS is worth a look at least. B5 has been and continues to be one of my favorite shows.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
pkscout

Definitely worth a look. But after B5 almost getting canceled mid-stream and Jeremiah getting one of the quickest, most unsatisfying wrap-ups in quite awhile, I'm likely to record it and then wait and see if it gets renewed.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
spidershowl11

No doubt JMS will pursue some completely mind-boggling directions in the story treatment. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the project and hope they draw in some quality acting talent, especially if JMS or maybe Doug Nutter will serve as the Director!
spidershowl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
alyssa

it is encouraging that it's a straight to show (skip the pilot approval stage) deal. Safe to say it won't be a WalkingDead clone knowing JMS's writing.

I think what i was most upset about was the cancellation of Crusade-
I had gotten the feeling (and i can't remember why) that JMS wasn't particularly happy abt the entire Jeremiah experience.

For all your Comic-Con needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote