TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
sharkster

Question Question RE: Is this saleable? Toshiba SD-H400

I really don't have anybody to ask, so I figured I'd ask here -

I have a Toshiba SD-H400 with Lifetime, brand new remote, all the books and cables. It works perfectly.

My problem is that I have recently purchased two Premieres to replace this and another Series 2 Tivo and I let the guy sell me a Lifetime on this unit to keep it as a storage unit. He clearly lied to me because the recordings that the Premieres make are not transferable to this Series 2 box, so I cannot use it to store extra stuff to make room on my Premieres as he said I could.

Anyway, at this point (and too late to get my money back for the Lifetime) it is of no use to me but I'd like to think I could recover my funds for the Lifetime Service in some way.

Anybody have ideas on the value of this?
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
shwru980r

You need to log into your account on the tivo web site and click on the box under Allow Transfers and Enable video downloads on DVRS to allow Multi-Room Viewing. A check mark in the box denotes that you can transfer content over your home network between DVRs (Multi-Room Viewing), or to a computer (TiVoToGo). Changes to this setting take up to 24 hours to take effect. Additionally, all DVRs in your household using Multi-Room Viewing will need to connect to the TiVo Service before this change will appear.

I think it might be worth $100 if the dvd player works. You'll have a hard time distinguishing it from the ones with basic service, since most people advertise that as lifetime service also.

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA

Last edited by shwru980r : 04-12-2012 at 12:11 PM.
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
sharkster

Thanks for your response. Not sure I understand the solution. There is no 'allow transfers' box but it IS on my network and it shows up on my other tivos. The other Tivos show up on it. MRV is no problem. But I am not able to make transfer of shows from the other Tivos to this one. They are all blocked. I am, however, able to transfer or stream shows between the two Premieres. So I don't think anything is undone in that respect.

Yeah I see what you are saying about the 'basic' thing. Was on ebay and saw one that said Lifetime Basic. Talk about misleading!

I'd like to find a venue besides ebay (used to sell there but quit due to increasing fees-btwn ebay & Paypal it's silly plus too many rip off artists) or Craig's List (I'm a female and wouldn't feel safe).
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I really don't have anybody to ask, so I figured I'd ask here -

I have a Toshiba SD-H400 with Lifetime, brand new remote, all the books and cables. It works perfectly.

My problem is that I have recently purchased two Premieres to replace this and another Series 2 Tivo and I let the guy sell me a Lifetime on this unit to keep it as a storage unit. He clearly lied to me because the recordings that the Premieres make are not transferable to this Series 2 box, so I cannot use it to store extra stuff to make room on my Premieres as he said I could.
The programs from the Premier to the Toshiba won't transfer because they are copy protected by the cable provider or are in HD, which can not be moved to the SD S2's. If you were to record non-HD content on the Premier, that would be transferrable.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
sharkster

Thanks, Whiskey Tango. I had a feeling that might the deal. Now, since I got my Premieres and that opened me up to automatically having HD programming, I pretty much almost record/watch the HD channels (why not, eh?).

I think I'll try to find a buyer for this Tivo and hope I can recover most of my recent costs on it (the Lifetime sub as well as the high cost of purchasing a new remote for it shortly before I replaced it). I'd love to find it a new home. It has served me well.