TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,334
TC CLUB MEMBER
WSOP 2012 Final Table Coverage - Pad???

I wasn't able to find anything on the ESPN web site that details anything about their final table coverage other than Monday at 8:00 ET/7:00 CT on ESPN2 (3 hours) and Tuesday at 9:00 ET/8:00 CT on ESPN (2 hours).

I am padding those recordings by 3 hours each, plus I am recording about 4 hours of those respective channels that air following those time blocks.

I seem to recall that last year's final table took FAR, FAR longer than just 5 hours total, and I don't have any idea how long they'll stick with coverage either night. I'm assuming they plan on Monday night going as long as it takes to get down to X number of players, and Tuesday night being covered until there is a winner.

Bottom line - if you want to watch it all, make plans that coverage will probably run over both nights!
JLucPicard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I wasn't able to find anything on the ESPN web site that details anything about their final table coverage other than Monday at 8:00 ET/7:00 CT on ESPN2 (3 hours) and Tuesday at 9:00 ET/8:00 CT on ESPN (2 hours).

I am padding those recordings by 3 hours each, plus I am recording about 4 hours of those respective channels that air following those time blocks.

I seem to recall that last year's final table took FAR, FAR longer than just 5 hours total, and I don't have any idea how long they'll stick with coverage either night. I'm assuming they plan on Monday night going as long as it takes to get down to X number of players, and Tuesday night being covered until there is a winner.

Bottom line - if you want to watch it all, make plans that coverage will probably run over both nights!
Padding is good. MOre importantly for this particular forum is that tonight's coverage is in ESPN2 so will not be picked up by an SP set on ESPN.

At least it's not on "The Ocho". Comcast has yet to add that to their lineup.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,334
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Padding is good. MOre importantly for this particular forum is that tonight's coverage is in ESPN2 so will not be picked up by an SP set on ESPN.

At least it's not on "The Ocho". Comcast has yet to add that to their lineup.
Great point! I posted to the 'Pad Recordings' thread so those subscribed to that thread for immediate notification will get the info right away and can act on it.

Thanks for pointing that out (I have SPs on both channels and didn't think that many might not).
JLucPicard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
ufo4sale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Plainview NY 11803
Posts: 3,267
Thanks for the update.
__________________
Life is but a window, Time is but a door, I'll be back.
Your future world leader at work again. ; )
ufo4sale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
Rez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 36
I won't reveal how many players are left at this point so as to not spoil the coverage for anyone recording. That said, I'd suggest setting a manual recording to extend your recording even if you padded 3 hours.
Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 17,211
You couldn't get anywhere near it with padding.. had to make several recordings..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
You couldn't get anywhere near it with padding.. had to make several recordings..
Or one long manual recording.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 17,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Or one long manual recording.
yeah ok, but even with a new-ish 500 gig Premiere 4, I didn't want to make a TOO LONG recording if it only went a few hours.

I *happened* to wake up sometime near when one of my manual recordings was about to end, then woke up near when it completely ended (I think I slept weird hours that night)..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |