TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Glee "Choke" and "Prom-asaurus" 5/1/12 and 5/8/12

Surprised there was no thread last week to discuss Rachel's epic choke. I'm not at all pleased with the direction of this; I was looking forward to at least a partial dose of Rachel, Finn and Kurt in NYC next season without all the "what am I going to do with my life?" drama (since I assume the senior cast is still not leaving the show and they're still not entertaining a NYC spinoff...even though they totally should).

I didn't understand Finn's total blowup at Quinn this week at all. The level of his butthurt-ness was just comical, and he made it seem like Quinn had faked the entire accident and the painful process that followed. If she didn't want to tell anyone how far she'd gotten in PT, that's her business, damn it. I think we're far enough along in the "new Quinn" phase to believe that she'd do something that stupid again.

Brittany was also dumbed down a ton. Dinosaurs? No hair gel? Calling the prom committee a terrorist cell? Really? Oh, and the "Dinosaur" number was one of the worst they've ever done IMO. Maybe that's because I despise Kesha and her truly poetic lyrics, but seriously, that's the best they could do?

Gah. I'm getting too worked up over this. We've just had to suspend disbelief a LOT lately.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
TriBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Surprised there was no thread last week to discuss Rachel's epic choke. I'm not at all pleased with the direction of this; I was looking forward to at least a partial dose of Rachel, Finn and Kurt in NYC next season without all the "what am I going to do with my life?" drama (since I assume the senior cast is still not leaving the show and they're still not entertaining a NYC spinoff...even though they totally should).
I was so happy to see Santana call Racheal out on her "anti-prom." This was old insecure Racheal, not the new confident Racheal. I get that she is was upset over her choke, but to not be there to support Finn for King? How selfish. The same could be said for Kurt. He and Finn are brothers!

I reserve final judgement until the producers announce what they are going to do, but if they going to try and split the show between the current senior class and a new set of Glee members, it will be too much. However my gut feeling is that the are going to find a way to keep Kurt, Racheal, and (maybe) Finn on next year. I think the rest of the seniors (Quinn, Puck, Mercedes, Santana, and Mike) will leave the show.
Spoiler:
I am also assuming that since Brittney is not shown on the latest album cover with a cap and gown that she will be held back

Quote:
I didn't understand Finn's total blowup at Quinn this week at all. The level of his butthurt-ness was just comical, and he made it seem like Quinn had faked the entire accident and the painful process that followed. If she didn't want to tell anyone how far she'd gotten in PT, that's her business, damn it. I think we're far enough along in the "new Quinn" phase to believe that she'd do something that stupid again.
But this is the Finn Hudson we shoudl expect. He has shown no ability to think rationally. He was already mad at Racheal for not being at the prom, but he had to take it out on someone. Quinn was in the line of fire. And will they please just let her and Joe be together? They did not even get a picture at the prom together.

Quote:
Brittany was also dumbed down a ton. Dinosaurs? No hair gel? Calling the prom committee a terrorist cell? Really? Oh, and the "Dinosaur" number was one of the worst they've ever done IMO. Maybe that's because I despise Kesha and her truly poetic lyrics, but seriously, that's the best they could do?

Gah. I'm getting too worked up over this. We've just had to suspend disbelief a LOT lately.
Quinn & Santana could just name anyone as Prom Queen and get away with it? That was a true moment.

I did like most of the songs last night. Dinosaur may not have best song ever, but I was laughing so hard, I didn't mind. And, she may not be the best singer, I always like a good Quinn song.

Did Helen Mirren do Becky's inner voice again? It also sounded like someone trying to imitate Helen Mirren.

So far, the best thing about the last part of the season is Sue's redemption. We finally get to a Sue that is sarcastic, but likable.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Don't forget about Lord Tubbington's ponzi schemes.

As for the song, remember that Heather Morris isn't on the show for her singing ability - they either have to find songs that she can sing, or crank up the autotune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
I reserve final judgement until the producers announce what they are going to do, but if they going to try and split the show between the current senior class and a new set of Glee members, it will be too much. However my gut feeling is that the are going to find a way to keep Kurt, Racheal, and (maybe) Finn on next year. I think the rest of the seniors (Quinn, Puck, Mercedes, Santana, and Mike) will leave the show.
Spoiler:
I am also assuming that since Brittney is not shown on the latest album cover with a cap and gown that she will be held back
They have already said that Rachel will be making regular appearances next season. Whether they'll be in New York or Lima is another story. Also, whether or not Quinn returns probably depends on whether or not Dianna Agron wants to return (my guess: if she doesn't, Quinn goes to Yale; if she does, it turns out that her insurance didn't cover her medical expenses, so she can't afford to go any further than Lima University - speaking of which, I am surprised not one of the seniors has even mentioned attending the school, as I doubt they would have even invented it if it wasn't meant to be somewhere for the seniors (and, after next season, following what I like to think will be "a cheerleading stunt gone horribly, horribly wrong" that burns McKinley down, Will, Emma, and Sue as well) to go so they have an excuse to stay on the show).

Quote:
Quinn & Santana could just name anyone as Prom Queen and get away with it? That was a true moment.
Yet another "everybody laugh at how clueless Figgins is about everything" moment. Besides, since they got the most votes between the two of them, who's going to question it? (At least, until the next day, when the prom attendees ask each other, "Did you vote for Rachel?")

Quote:
Did Helen Mirren do Becky's inner voice again? It also sounded like someone trying to imitate Helen Mirren.
Good question. My theory: it was her, since you would think that if it was somebody else, either the person would have been credited, or there would have been some sort of "Some Celebrity Voices Impersonated" message in the credits. (The first time Mirren voiced Becky's thoughts, she was uncredited.)
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

Gah. I'm getting too worked up over this. We've just had to suspend disbelief a LOT lately since the beginning of the show.
FYP

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
TonyD79

Quote:
I was looking forward to at least a partial dose of Rachel, Finn and Kurt in NYC next season without all the "what am I going to do with my life?" drama (since I assume the senior cast is still not leaving the show and they're still not entertaining a NYC spinoff...even though they totally should).
It is called Smash!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was sure that Whoopi would be sitting in the dark auditorium (maybe she fell asleep) when Rachel belted the CRAP out of that number later in the Choke episode. She would hear Rachel really sing well, and change her mind. Unbelievable, I know, but that IS The Glee Way.

I thought the Prom episode was way too touchy-feely. From Sam and Mercedes to giving Rachel the crown to Puck and Becky... wow, just wow. But Blaine without hair gel was scary.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
TriBruin

I was reading the EW recap of the latest episode and the writer stated that they thought that when Quinn was standing in the Bathroom (when Finn walked in) it proves that she has been faking her injury, or at least has been able to walk for awhile and was only in her wheelchair to get the sympathy vote. I didn't view it that way. I took it that Quinn was just seeing if she could stand before she tried in public.

Anyone else see this as Quinn being deceptive?
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin
I was reading the EW recap of the latest episode and the writer stated that they thought that when Quinn was standing in the Bathroom (when Finn walked in) it proves that she has been faking her injury, or at least has been able to walk for awhile and was only in her wheelchair to get the sympathy vote. I didn't view it that way. I took it that Quinn was just seeing if she could stand before she tried in public.

Anyone else see this as Quinn being deceptive?
At least a bit, yes. She pretty much admitted she was playing on sympathy to win. So she was at least a bit deceptive. Her throwing the crown to Rachael was her redemptive moment.

And she was faking it. You don't suddenly walk. She was walking for some time and kept it secret. Even swore the "cave woman" to secrecy.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
aRKade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
At least a bit, yes. She pretty much admitted she was playing on sympathy to win. So she was at least a bit deceptive. Her throwing the crown to Rachael was her redemptive moment.

And she was faking it. You don't suddenly walk. She was walking for some time and kept it secret. Even swore the "cave woman" to secrecy.
She was being slightly deceptive in the fact that she wasn't letting on that she did have the ability to move her legs. But she also wasn't completely faking it. So far her ability to walk consisted of taking about two unassisted steps before collapsing to the ground. It's not like she could just hop out of her chair and start walking around school. It would be my guess that is was even pretty difficult for her to get out of her chair and take the couple steps to the sink in the bathroom. Kinda like TriBruin said about her seeing if she could stand on her own before trying it in public.
aRKade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I loved the Brittany story line. She's always been dim. This is nothing new. Her memo on drilling for babies? LOL. And another Lord Tubbington mention.

I liked the Dinosaur number. Not so much because of the lyrics, but because I like to watch her dance. And we got to see a lot of that. Hot cave woman outfit, too. How can you not like that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I liked the Dinosaur number. Not so much because of the lyrics, but because I like to watch her dance. And we got to see a lot of that. Hot cave woman outfit, too. How can you not like that?
Exactly. Stupid song, great number.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote